Solved

iPhone 7 Won't Connect to LTE and Only Shows 4G

• 18 November 2016
  • 10 replies

I know it works because my iPhone 6 Plus, on T-Mobile, connects to LTE and so does my wife's 6S (also on T-Mobile).

I've tried turning on and off the LTE under CELLULAR settings, but it's not working.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 18 November 2016, 23:51

Hmmmm, if this is your old SIM card that you used before, it is possible that it can be reactivated but you would have to call customer care to verify that. They can check the SIM card in the system to see if it is still eligible to be reused.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5

That is super strange! Thanks for checking that LTE setting as well 😊 Are you able to try the SIM card from one of your other iPhones that is getting LTE into your iPhone 7 and see if it is then able to get LTE?

So I just swapped in my wife's sim card and LTE popped right up immediately. When I put mine back in, it went right back to 4G.

Now that my wife has left for work, I realize I should have tried my sim card in her 6S, but I'm not that smart, so I didn't do it.

So I just swapped in my wife's sim card and LTE popped right up immediately. When I put mine back in, it went right back to 4G.

Now that my wife has left for work, I realize I should have tried my sim card in her 6S, but I'm not that smart, so I didn't do it.

Userlevel 5

Haha, that's okay. I think it might be your SIM card but if you wanna try your SIM in her phone when she gets back we will know for sure. If the SIM is bad, you can Contact Us so we can get you a replacement ordered for free.

Can I use my SIM card from my 6 Plus?

Userlevel 5

Hmmmm, if this is your old SIM card that you used before, it is possible that it can be reactivated but you would have to call customer care to verify that. They can check the SIM card in the system to see if it is still eligible to be reused.

Okay, thank you tmo_chrisl! I really appreciate your help 😊

Userlevel 5

No problem 😊 Let me know how it goes.

Userlevel 6

Hey @ninjadan‌!  Just checking up on that mysterious SIM card.  How is everything going?  Were you able to submit a reuse request or did we order you a new SIM?  We just want to make sure it worked out OK!

- Marissa