Solved

iPhone 8 having trouble receiving and sometimes sending group SMS messages

• 3 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Has anyone had any trouble receiving or sending group messages? I finally realized that this usually only happens when my phone is connected to wifi and it has wifi-calling enabled. I have done all the troubleshooting: restarting my phone, assuring that SMS/MMS messages are enabled on iMessage, resetting all my settings, assuring that my phone is up to date, and assuring that my Network settings are up to date. My phone didn't do this before but it suddenly started happening a few months ago and it only happens in group messaging. I also noticed that when I do receive the messages I receive them in bursts, that is, if my phone is lagging on several messages, I will receive them all at once. There are also times when I have trouble sending my text messages. I have to do several attempts and when I turn off my wifi, it'll work. So odd. Anything I should try to fix the issue? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 6 March 2020, 19:24

I'd start out with our Wi-Fi calling and browsing troubleshooting | T-Mobile Support​. That will make sure any settings are correct, especially the network settings.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

I'd start out with our Wi-Fi calling and browsing troubleshooting | T-Mobile Support​. That will make sure any settings are correct, especially the network settings.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey there!

Have you taken a look at the link above? Please give that a shot and let us know if that helps.