Question

iphone can’t send/receive messages to Android device

• 16 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Started in December 2021, my both iPhone can’t send/receive SMS/MMS to Android phones. Please resetting my account Tobe able use SMS/MMS functions. Thank you 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

turn off imessage ..restart the phone..then try sending them a text again. this has been an on again off again issue between Android and Apple for quite some time now.

This solution did not work for me. I also tried resetting network settings in earlier troubleshooting. Any other ideas?

turn off imessage ..restart the phone..then try sending them a text again. this has been an on again off again issue between Android and Apple for quite some time now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately thats the only fix i know..or at least work around..like i said above..this has been an ongoing ordeal between Android and Apple for a VERY long time..

i am a bit curious to see what type of Android phones are usually running into this..and which texting app theyre using..if its Samsung phones then they usually use their own texting app..

unfortunately thats the only fix i know..or at least work around..like i said above..this has been an ongoing ordeal between Android and Apple for a VERY long time..

i am a bit curious to see what type of Android phones are usually running into this..and which texting app theyre using..if its Samsung phones then they usually use their own texting app..

Thank you for your quick reply. In my case, it is at the least Google Messages, though I suspect my iPhone simply can’t send SMS successfully at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im running a LG V60 using Google Messages and text back and forth with the kiddos in group texts and direct with no issues.. they havent made any changes on their end to make it work..took a quick look over at Vs forums and same questions/issues over there..