Solved

Iphone X delayed or not receiving group texts

Hi,

My Iphone X is not receiving all group texts or they all come later in waves. My friend has an Iphone 6S and has the same issue. Today we had a group text with 4 people. 2 on Iphone and 2 on Android. I receive both android and one Iphone but have a delay from the Iphone 6S. Seems to be random every day it is a different group text that is delayed or never comes through. This makes accurate communications very difficult.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 2 July 2018, 23:40

Hmmm, that's odd! In most cases, we'll need to file a ticket with our Engineers to figure out why this is happening. To file a ticket, you'll need to either call 611 to work with Tech Support or you can work with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter. You'll need a few examples from the past 72 hours that include the other user's phone number, time and date of the delayed message.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Are you able to text the iPhone 6S individually without a delay? I'm also curious if this happens while this phone is in other group messages. We wanna help make the messages move through smoother so please let us know. Thanks.

Yup I can text the iPhones and androids separate just fine. it only seems to be on group messages.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Okay awesome. Thanks for that info. Can you access the web? Also, have you tested on Wi-Fi and the T-Mobile network? I'm curious if it works using either connection.

Userlevel 5

Hey, @joecartoon1​!

I'm curious if this happened after the latest iOS update that rolled out not too long ago. Did it start happening after that? Also, do you know what carrier the other users in the group text is using? Lastly, are you using the Messages app or a third-party app?

Hi,

It’s been happening to my buddy for over a year. Multiple iOS updates. I just switched back to T-Mobile from att and starting having it Happen. The texts were from T-Mobile and a couple other carriers

Userlevel 5

Thanks for getting back to me, @joecartoon1​! We're glad you're back with Team Magenta! Have you had a chance to chat with tech support about this yet? You mentioned this affects incoming texts - do you happen to know if your outgoing group texts are delayed, too? If you go to Settings > Phone > does it show your own phone number or does it say "unknown"?

My outgoing texts seem ok but mine are delayed when they go to my buddy who is on Tmobile and only when in a group text. He has this issue from others group texts as well. I went to settings then phone is does show my number. I haven’t talked to tech support yet. Should I?

Userlevel 5

Hmmm, that's odd! In most cases, we'll need to file a ticket with our Engineers to figure out why this is happening. To file a ticket, you'll need to either call 611 to work with Tech Support or you can work with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter. You'll need a few examples from the past 72 hours that include the other user's phone number, time and date of the delayed message.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

I have the same issue. I have the IPhone X, and I am not receiving group messages. If I reset my network setting, I get hit with a bunch of missed group texts, then again it stops working. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution for this?

Userlevel 5

Hey, @magenta5512807​! If you have tried all of the previous steps that have been mentioned in this thread, you'll want to get a ticket filed via Tech Support at 611 or T-Force at Facebook/Twitter.

Having a similar problem, more in line with the issue mentioned here: Delay receiving group text messages on iPhone 7+ , since i have an iPhone 8+ but that thread seems to be "locked"?

I just switched from AT&T with the exact same phone and did not have any problems.

I am also having this same issue. Seems to only happen in group SMS messaging scenarios, group messaging works fine when its via iMessage. Tried setting my network settings, turning the phone on and off, turning group messaging on and off and nothing has worked. Opened a ticket with t mobile about 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything back. My understanding is group SMS functionality is a carrier feature, never had this issue with my previous carrier. Getting to the point where I think switching back might be my only option because what’s the point of paying for cell service if you aren’t even getting your text messages?

just following along, I have the same issue iPhone xs ios 13.1 had the same problem with ios 12 its been a few months. and from the looks of it its been an on going issue.