Solved

iPhone XS consistently dropping calls, data is 100% ok, no problems when SIM is in other devices

• 17 March 2020
  • 2 replies

The problem:
-iPhone XS consistently drops calls, and seems to lose signal. Prior to the call, i appear to have excellent coverage, minimum 3 bars. When i place the call it either immediately drops, or lasts >1 minute and says "Call Failed", the coverage bars are gone from the top of the screen and re-appear ~20 seconds later.

What I've tried to fix it:

-Toggling airplane mode on/off

-Turning the phone on and off

-Full reset of network connectivity preferences

-Full reset of the iphone, erasing all contents/settings and setting up as a new phone (no apps, no changed preferences, no presets)

-I've also tried using my sim card in my pixel 3a with zero issues whatsoever, no calls dropping for a few weeks. Every time i put the sim card back in the XS, I experience this weird call-dropping phenomenon.

I really have no clue what could be going on or why my iPhone gets perfect mobile data use, can make calls on wifi, but not on cellular. My sim in another phone has zero issues. Any help/suggestions would be incredibly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 20 March 2020, 15:02

Thank you so much for doing all that troubleshooting, it really helps to narrow down the issue. The only thing I didn't see you try from our signal troubleshooting is to turn of Wi-Fi Calling to make sure that's not interfering. Otherwise, you'll definitely want to reach out to T-Force on Twitter or give us a call so we can make sure there isn't anything going on in your area and see what options are available.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Thank you so much for doing all that troubleshooting, it really helps to narrow down the issue. The only thing I didn't see you try from our signal troubleshooting is to turn of Wi-Fi Calling to make sure that's not interfering. Otherwise, you'll definitely want to reach out to T-Force on Twitter or give us a call so we can make sure there isn't anything going on in your area and see what options are available.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Were you able to test with Wi-Fi Calling off? Let us know!