Solved

Is T-Mobile blocking OpenVPN after iOS10.2 update?

• 9 January 2017
  • 5 replies

After updating the iOS from 10.1 to 10.2, OpenVPN no longer connects. Is T-Mobile blocking it?

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 9 January 2017, 21:44

On the new version,  it makes the phone now use ipv6. Your connection home will also need to be over ipv6 well.  Someone else posted that a little while ago.

View original

5 replies

On the new version,  it makes the phone now use ipv6. Your connection home will also need to be over ipv6 well.  Someone else posted that a little while ago.

Thanks. How can modify the home connection such that it is on ipv6? I cannot modify the APN in carrier settings.

By home carrier,  i mean whatever it is you are trying to connect into using open vpn. I use that to access home while i am away. My home isp needed to give me an ipv6 address.

I am having the same issue and just updated to IOS 10.2.1 and still have the issue.

Can someone please answer theartiszan also tell me how I can update my OpenVPN configuration to support this?

Thankd

Ken

I did not want to flash my router with an open source hardware so instead I used a Dynamic DNS service. With that rather than my home IPv4 address, I could access my VPN network on T-Mobile network.