Solved

Is the iPhone 11 Pro unlocked when purchased from T-mobile?

• 14 September 2019
  • 6 replies

When an iPhone 11 Pro is purchased from T-mobile by a current T-mobile customer on a prepaid plan, will that iPhone be unlocked from the time it is originally purchased or will it be locked into T-mobile for two years or some other period of time?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by snn555 14 September 2019, 18:55

Well if you're on prepaid you're paying for it all up front anyway. Same thing with apple unless you're going through one of their Barclays credit accounts. You have to pay Apple upfront in full.

So in that case you might as well buy it directly from Apple. it comes from Apple unlocked, with prepaid even after you pay it off which of course would be the same day you bought it you'd still have to wait much longer to unlock it.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6

It's locked until it's paid off. There are certain criteria on prepaid with a minimum amount of funds having been added over a certain number of days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

To add on it's a year or $100 in refills for prepaid.

Thanks for the replies.

I've been on T-mobile for over 5 years @ $30/mo. = $1800+ paid during the time I've been a prepaid customer, I'll have to ask T-mobile about getting it unlocked from the time of the iPhone purchase from T-mobile (or if any of their support employees are reading this?), or just have to buy it unlocked directly from Apple...

Thanks, again.

Userlevel 6

Well if you're on prepaid you're paying for it all up front anyway. Same thing with apple unless you're going through one of their Barclays credit accounts. You have to pay Apple upfront in full.

So in that case you might as well buy it directly from Apple. it comes from Apple unlocked, with prepaid even after you pay it off which of course would be the same day you bought it you'd still have to wait much longer to unlock it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That's a $100 after you purchase the phone so it will be 4 months before

you can get it unlocked.

I agree with snn555 that if you want it unlocked asap to buy from Apple.

That’s what I thought I’d do if I couldn’t get it with the iPhone Upgrade Program, but thanks for confirming that and for all the help!