Solved

issues receiving "short code"

• 4 April 2017
  • 6 replies

My work sends out crucial info, overtime available, etc. via short code text. I never had issues receiving them with Verizon but since switching to T-mobile I receive them sporadically and unfortunately have been missing a lot of important texts from work. I spoke with my employer's IT department and they said the issue is not on their end. I spoke with two co-workers that I know of who have t-mobile and they have the same issue. I have an iphone7 with the unlimited plan. I called t-mobile 2 nights ago and was told it would be forwarded to the engineers and would receive a call back which I still have yet to receive. Anyone had this issue and no how to remedy it? I am trying to avoid switching back to Verizon but I might have to 😥

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 11 April 2017, 03:02

Here on the forum, I don't have the ability to check your account and find out the status of your tickets. You're welcome to Community-2153 and have our Care or T-Force folks take a peek at your account and give you an update.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh man. We'd hate for you to miss out on some OT. Issues like this usually result in a Trouble Ticket to our engineering team. You should be able to get an update after about 3 days. Were you able to get an update on this?

I've had the issue go to engineers twice and have yet to hear back but as of now it's still not fixed

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

How long ago was that? If it's been over 3 days, we can have our Care team look up the tickets and give you an update on them.

It has been over 3 days. If you could let me know the outcome that would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Here on the forum, I don't have the ability to check your account and find out the status of your tickets. You're welcome to Community-2153 and have our Care or T-Force folks take a peek at your account and give you an update.

I switched from Verizon to tmobile (kept same phone number) and stopped receiving short code messages for my credit card. FIXED:  go into your account on the credit card's website. Unenroll from texting. Save changes. Then re-enroll for texting. FIXED!