Solved

Nearing the End of my Sprint iPhone Lease...

• 7 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have three more lease payments on the iPhone XS Max for myself and family. I know the Sprint network and support will be available to me for the next three years and I’m in no hurry to buy new phones.

Still, I’m concerned the current trade-in values for these phones will plummet. I can’t imagine T-Mobile reaching out to me to offer any trade-in deals so as to not hurt Sprint and cannabilize its user base.

It’s probably too early to start thinking about this but figured I’d ask for input. As we get closer to the support end-date for Sprint customers, I do expect T-Mobile to start campaigns to convert Sprint customers. I have no problems with Sprint customer service or coverage. I was a happy T-Mobile customer in San Diego until moving to Charlotte in 2008 and finding no T-Mobile coverage, left for another carrier.  Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 7 June 2020, 22:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile is supposed to have some great offers for Sprint customers looking for a new fully compatible device that works across the combined network.  Expect to get some sort of notification once all of the Sprint accounts are converted over to T-Mobile accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From what I read I would stick with Sprint. The Sprint phones will be able to connect to Tmobile

towers while Tmobile phones won't connect to Sprint towers for LTE and Talk.

Also if you're looking for a 5G phone I would also wait or make sure you purchase a newer 5G phone.

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/04/t-mobile-offer-deals-owners-older-sprint-5g-phones-merges-networks/

Your iPhone XS should be good on T-Mobile's network in the Charlotte market. I see no reason to rush into anything. Get your phones unlocked as soon as they're paid off and enjoy not having a phone payment to make.