Official iPhone 12 Pre-order Thread

• 14 October 2020
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
To get information about the iPhone 12, check out the official

New Apple iPhone 12 is here! blog. This device is available for pre-order on October 16, 2020 and available for purchase on October 23, 2020. The iPhone 12 mini and iPhone Pro Max will be available for purchase on November 11, 2020. Have questions? Reply below!

76 replies

Will T-Mobile support mmWave 5G on the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 max?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Great question @karrei !

Yes! All of the iPhone 12 models will be capable of taking advantage of mmWave.

Do we know what time the pre-sale will start online?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for posting @Gossamerbear !

Pre-orders start at 5:00am PT on October 16, 2020 for the iPhone 12 and iPhone Pro.

Hi saw the recent promotion for existing customers with 5+ years of tenure, quick question my family line has multiple lines that has been added through the years some have not reach 5 years. Is the promotion based on the age of the account or the age of the line purchasing the 12?

Thanks,

J  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Congrats on the 5 years @jw41111 !

Quick answer for ya, YES!!

Your account should show you’re eligible and if the iPhones that have less tenure have been used on that account and connected to the network within the last few months will qualify.

Badge +1

Great thread! Regarding JOD customers, at 5am on Friday, do we call 611 (or 1-800-T-MOBILE) or can we pre-order online or from T-Mobile app? In the past, the time was 12am on Friday morning and I was told to call since I have JOD. 

Thanks so much! 😊

Bonnie 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for posting @bornitz !

You’d need to call 611 for JOD upgrades. :thumbsup:

Got another question.  Will the mobile hotspot capability be supported on iPhone 12?   If so what will be the data speed?  Right now mobile hotspot drops to 3G speed on my iPhone X. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @karrei !

Yes, the iPhone 12 does have Hotspot capability. You’ll get up to 4G LTE speeds when you use it, of course depending on the coverage and connection you have in that given area.

Any word on JOD pricing yet? Especially that for super well qualified. Hoping it’s close to last years with the low down payments...

What is the quickest way to preorder? I would love to have the iPhone 12 Pro on launch day. 

Congrats on the 5 years @jw41111 !

Quick answer for ya, YES!!

Your account should show you’re eligible and if the iPhones that have less tenure have been used on that account and connected to the network within the last few months will qualify.

Hi! Does this require 5+ consecutive years, or cumulative years? My friend switched to a competitor a few years ago after more than 5 years with T-Mobile, realized his mistake, and switched back. Is he still eligible for the 5+ year rebate?

What are JOD (18 month lease program) prices for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @vbctv2005 and thanks for posting.

Here’s an example of pricing for JOD. For iPhone 12 64GB, the down payment for well qualified customers, would be $79.99 and then $30.00 each month for 18 months. FRP $829.99. 0% APR.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Great question @Hman319 !

You can order online or through the T-Mobile app. Those are couple of the fastest ways, so get ready roll once pre-order starts! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @onelifestyle !

You can check out the example I posted above. Keep in mind, you do have qualifications that need to be met, but great question.

Hi Mike, can I pre-order using JOD through TMobile app? Also what the pricing example for the iPhone 12 pro 128g model

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @Bri6930 nice to meet ya and thanks for posting!

I suggest that you contact our Care team and do the JOD over the phone. You can take a look at my post above, but when you call in to order, our Care team can go over your qualifications and give you pricing based just on your account.

Hi Mike, can I pre-order using JOD through TMobile app? Also what the pricing example for the iPhone 12 pro 128g model

I just chatted with T-Mobile, and they said the 12 Pro 128GB is $999.99, or $249.99 down for EIP.

Thanks for the info creepkirk, is the $250 down for Jump on demand  and what's the monthly price. Did they mention that 

Thanks for the info creepkirk, is the $250 down for Jump on demand  and what's the monthly price. Did they mention that 

This is what they wrote: 

“The iPhone 12 64Gb starts at $829.99 with a down payment starting at $79.99 up. The pro would start at $999.99 for a 12 pro 128GB with a down payment starting at $249.99 down. We don't have any additional details for your specific account, until tomorrow when it launches. Let me know if this helps!”

Thanks for your help. I'm just use to T-Mobile having JOD full pricing prior to pre-order day. 

Thanks tmobile for telling everyone that the oct 16th launch isn’t until 7am eastern.  Especially when even the customer service reps don’t even know until after midnight.  Y’all should get a handle on communication.  People are trying to get info and no one has seemed to have any

They keep saying they don’t have info.  How are people actually getting info right now?