Official iPhone 12 Pre-order Thread

Show first post

467 replies

Csjumper2003 I thought pre-order starts at 8am eastern not 7am

funny after posting that.  I was told 2:30am pst and 5:30am eastern.  So I figured I am gonna go to sleep.  I wake up at 6am and I’ll deal with it.  Other than 1 post here they didn’t seem to tell any reps this or post it anywhere.  A communications company that can’t communicate.  

Userlevel 1

I first joined t-mobile on a pay-as-you-go prepaid plan in November 2014.  I transitioned from the prepaid plan to a postpaid magenta plus account for my 2 iphone XS September 2019.  I am looking to get 2 new iphone 12 Pros and trying to understand if I qualify for the $200 loyalty credit since I have continuously had an active t-mobile “account” since November 2014.  Or does the 5 year loyalty need to be only on a postpaid account?  Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Also, can you confirm the following deal below please.  Thank you!

Starting October 16, 2020, for a limited time, customers who purchase an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro and trade-in an eligible iPhone through http://apple.com or at an Apple Retail location can get an additional $150 off as a one-time Virtual Prepaid Mastercard card on top of the trade-in value provided to them by Apple.

In order to get this offer you would to purchase an iPhone 12 or 12 Pro at full retail price or with using apple financing either in a retail store or on http://apple.com and you would also need to trade in an iPhone 8 or newer and I have the models listed down below for you.

iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone SE 2020

Submit for rebate online (including receipt upload) at https://promotions.t-mobile.com/ with promo code 2020APPLERETAILT1 within 30 days of purchase.

Rebate processes 30 days after submission is created and once approved you will receive a virtual card within 7 business days and this redeemable via SMS with a secure link to the reward.

What is this 200 dollar credit you are speaking of?  I haven’t heard of this. 

Userlevel 1

What is this 200 dollar credit you are speaking of?  I haven’t heard of this. 

For $200 loyalty credit, see “2020 iPhone Launch Loyalty Offer” here:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/apple-iphone-with-5G-offers

i have JOD and 11 pro.  I just called Tmobile and they said $250 down for the 12 pro if i want to jump on demand.  She couldnt figure out why it was 250 now.  For the past 3 iphones that i’ve had and jumped to were priced $999 like the 12 pro is and  i paid $118 including tax.  She said she will look into it with a manager.  Anyone know why its 250 now? is there a rebate or something?  

I asked the rep the same question and he was going to verify with a supervisor as well but he stated to me it’s because the monthly payment is lower. I told him I rather deal with the same

monthly payment I’m used to for the past few years then shell out $250 down which I think is ridiculous

I asked the rep the same question and he was going to verify with a supervisor as well but he stated to me it’s because the monthly payment is lower. I told him I rather deal with the same

monthly payment I’m used to for the past few years then shell out $250 down which I think is ridiculous

they didn't tell me anything about monthly payments being lower, agreed 250 is ridiculous.  

they didn't tell me anything about monthly payments being lower, agreed 250 is ridiculous.  

Yea I was told $250 down and $28/month and I believe my 11 pro is $35/month. I just rather deal with the same monthly personally then shell out such a large down payment

Well, THAT was confusing.  A T-mobile webpage explained that at 1 a.m. a two hour wait for pre-order was ahead.  When this page was refreshed, a countdown proceeded.  After two hours, the time for pre-order “clock” vanished, and no information through the T-mobile app, and no answers anywhere.  I’m thankful I finally found out it would be 8 a.m. EST before ordering would begin.  I have seen a couple of confusing iPhone online preorders before, but this one “takes the cake”.  Ha-ha-ha!  Thank you, T-mobile, for the great incentives this year!!  Best bargain yet!

do I need a new sim card on iPhone 12 pro to get 5G?

I am sprint customer since 2014. Do I qualify for “2020 iPhone Launch Loyalty Offer” when I upgrade to iPhone 12 Pro and trade in my iPhone Xs?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/apple-iphone-with-5G-offers#tenure

I am wondering if i can get the $200 loyalty offer plus $500 trade in offer?

Will the trade in prices and prepaid $200 promotions be available when the iPhone 12 Pro Max is ready for pre-order?

Badge +1

Regarding the larger JOD down, not quite sure why, but when I ordered this morning, here’s what I paid for the 128GB 12 pro: $249.99 + tax =  $273.74 and then $30.66/month x 18 months. There’s still a buyout amount, but I plan to turn my 11 Pro in to T-Mobile once I set up the 12 Pro and test it. My previous monthly was over $36, but down was less and it was a 256GB (no 128GB option on 11 Pro)  which was $1149 if I remember correctly. If you choose a buyout option the numbers seem to work out in the end once you figure in tax and buyout. I’m still a little fuzzy on the tax laws with regards to equipment leasing, so that may factor in somewhere. I like the fact that JOD is a simple way to upgrade regularly, albeit not for the faint of wallet. BTW, T-Mobile customer service rocks! I was able to have the order placed via text messaging. The only hiccup was me not being able to access the web site to enter my cc info to make the down payment. So the rep called me and completed that over the phone. Then I took care of the eDoc signature after verifying the amounts, and it was a done deal. The process could not have been easier and the demeanor of every rep I’ve ever spoken or messaged with has been off of the charts amazing. They really have the coolest folks working for them. 😊

I pre-ordered a Iphone 12 Pro Pacific Blue 256GB within minutes of it going live this morning.  All through the purchase it said shipping on 10/23 and then the confirmation page says shipping 10-24 to 11-2.  The product page still said 10/23 how do I know what my delivery date is and why did it change?

I ordered my iPhone Pro(s) this morning at 8 AM sharp. I have JOD, and they charged me $264 down (with tax) and it will be $28/month for my JOD. This was for the minimum 128mb memory. 

At this point the JOD is no longer a smart thing to have. Putting $264 down, and then $28/month for 12 months (because you aren’t going to “jump” to another phone when you put $264 down). That’s $600 over a year. Not a good deal, or a deal at all, 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Csjumper2003 I know it’s late, but I was wondering if you were able jump in on the pre-order without an hiccups? Sorry about any confusion on the pre-order start time, but I do wanna make sure you were able to get yours ordered.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@tillertyler thanks for posting!

For your first question, that deal is based on the tenure of the account. Even lines without the 5 year tenure can take advantage of that offer.

For the section question, that looks like you’ve posted couple different offers, one from Apple and one from us. Looks like Apple is doing a rebate, but I’m sure there are more terms and qualifications in order to get that promo.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That’s a good question @magenta9641482 and thanks for posting!

Yes, I suggest you get a new SIM card with your phone purchase to make sure you can take advantage of the 5G speeds. Keep in mind, you’ll also need to be in a 5G area to use that connection.

@Csjumper2003 I know it’s late, but I was wondering if you were able jump in on the pre-order without an hiccups? Sorry about any confusion on the pre-order start time, but I do wanna make sure you were able to get yours ordered.

I was able to get them ordered but what a pain. First off having to repeat yourself 20 times about the same thing.  Then I asked what the ship time was and he says the 23rd.  I’m like ok cool.  Finish ordering both the phones and the. Look at a email that says my wife’s is nov 10-16.  By this time I’m already off the phone and annoyed.  

I call back on my lunch and am taking with another guy.  I’m trying to understand how ome guy told me 23-24 with overnight shipping and then the email says something completely different. So a little annoyed again with a language barrier, he tells me that he has no idea where I heard the phones are shipping on 23rd and no phone is shipping til nov 16th.  I now tell this guy he is making no sense and decide o will call back when I have time.  

y’all are not giving people any real info as it’s not being explained or there is a disconnect as being with T-Mobile for over 15 years since the whole team of experts this company has really gone downhill.  There were so many times when there is a rollout there was a plan.  The reps knew the pan so a day or so ahead customers could call in to get the said plan and get the details they were needing to plan.  The past few years that has gone out the window.  I can’t be the only one that thinks this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @supertlj ! I love seeing Sprint folks coming to site! :relaxed:

Yes, tenured Sprint folks like yourself can take advantage of the Loyalty offer and have the ability to get that additional $500 off as long as you qualify!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @crboswe and I appreciate you coming here to post.

The shipping date is an estimation which may change depending on the specific iPhone your ordered and the demand for that device. It’ll ship when it’s available and my guess is it’ll likely get there on the earlier date if you ordered it early.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I was able to get them ordered but what a pain. First off having to repeat yourself 20 times about the same thing.  Then I asked what the ship time was and he says the 23rd.  I’m like ok cool.  Finish ordering both the phones and the. Look at a email that says my wife’s is nov 10-16.  By this time I’m already off the phone and annoyed.  

I call back on my lunch and am taking with another guy.  I’m trying to understand how ome guy told me 23-24 with overnight shipping and then the email says something completely different. So a little annoyed again with a language barrier, he tells me that he has no idea where I heard the phones are shipping on 23rd and no phone is shipping til nov 16th.  I now tell this guy he is making no sense and decide o will call back when I have time.  

y’all are not giving people any real info as it’s not being explained or there is a disconnect as being with T-Mobile for over 15 years since the whole team of experts this company has really gone downhill.  There were so many times when there is a rollout there was a plan.  The reps knew the pan so a day or so ahead customers could call in to get the said plan and get the details they were needing to plan.  The past few years that has gone out the window.  I can’t be the only one that thinks this. 

Ah okay. Sorry that was such a pain, but I’m glad you got your order through. I’ll check with my internal team about the shipping dates you’re given and see what I can find out. I’ll keep you and everyone here posted with what I find out. 

What I’ve seen in the past is folks getting the device closer to the earlier shipping date, but this depends on the availability of the phone you ordered. So, the higher the demand for a specific iPhone, the lower the availability meaning the shipping may take a bit longer.

I have a question about the upgrading process (specifically, trade in + equipment installment plan).  Let’s say I have a phone A and want to get the phone B, if I sign up for EIP, say a 30-month one, what would happen to the trade in credit, which is credited every month across those 30 months, if I want to do an upgrade to phone C 12 months into the current EIP?  Is that even possible?  And if so, what would happen to the remaining 18 months worth of credit for phone A that I would have yet to receive?  Thanks.