Official iPhone 12 Pre-order Thread

Show first post

467 replies

Badge

Hello.  I’m wondering where in my account it would show that I qualify for the $200 tenure offer on top of the trade-in value.  I’ve had two lines with T-Mobile (one for me, one for wife) since 2014 and we’ve only owned iPhones, most recently an Xs and a 7 plus.  But I don’t see the offer anywhere obvious in my account settings or information.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Tm144 great question and sorry if I confused you with that past post. Normally your card isn’t charged until the device is ready to ship. So, I was just giving you and others here a heads-up if you didn’t see a charge on your card when you first pre-ordered the device.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@magenta7681238 that’ll come from us since you purchased that through a T-Mobile channel.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Good question @cllgriff !

That’s tough to answer because we’d have to check your account and credit which we can’t see here on the site. Our Care folks can, and will be able to give you exact numbers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ahh, that’s a good one @Arielg613!

I gotta keep my lips sealed on that one.  You gotta stay tuned on the site and check regularly for fun giveaways I’ll have coming! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

How does the preorder and 50% off bill credits work?  I have an XS and my wife has an 8Plus and we are both looking at upgrading due to the 5G capability.  Is it 50% total or each?  Also, if I preorder and select my phone for turn-in, when is the turn-in required?  I don’t want to be without a phone as my work needs me to be available due to remote work and on call stuff.

When you go through the trade-in process, it’ll give you instructions on how you return it. Typically, we send you a return packaging or label for devices you’re trading in.

@magenta7681238 that’ll come from us since you purchased that through a T-Mobile channel.

It is confirmed that Apple has already started shipping devices so that they arrive on 23 OCT 20. When will T-Mobile begin shipping devices? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It is confirmed that Apple has already started shipping devices so that they arrive on 23 OCT 20. When will T-Mobile begin shipping devices? 

The last update I got was that pre-ordered devices should start shipping on October 21.

If you have a shipping window of 10/24-11/02 I’m assuming it means I won’t have it on release day?

Userlevel 2

Ahh, that’s a good one @Arielg613!

I gotta keep my lips sealed on that one.  You gotta stay tuned on the site and check regularly for fun giveaways I’ll have coming! :sunglasses:

Can’t wait 😊

If you have a shipping window of 10/24-11/02 I’m assuming it means I won’t have it on release day?

Others(non Tmobile customers) reported Apple having shippeD their devices as soon as 18 OCT for delivery on 21-23 OCT. Tmobile will charge your account when it ships. Since they don’t plan to ship until 21 OCT ( early pre-sale orders) you can expect that you will not have it on release day. 

Can you please clarify?

iPhone X was supposed to be given a $415 credit for trade-in.

Others(non Tmobile customers) reported Apple having shippeD their devices as soon as 18 OCT for delivery on 21-23 OCT. Tmobile will charge your account when it ships. Since they don’t plan to ship until 21 OCT ( early pre-sale orders) you can expect that you will not have it on release day. 

Understood. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can you please clarify?

Is the device in good condition and paid off fully? I’m just trying to understand what info was entered to help clear things up. 

Thank you.

Can you please clarify?

Is the device in good condition and paid off fully? I’m just trying to understand what info was entered to help clear things up. 

Thank you.

Yes. The device is fully functional and is in great condition. Device is fully paid off.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can you please clarify?

Thank you.

Yes. The device is fully functional and is in great condition. Device is fully paid off.

Interesting, did you already submit that? Also did you go through the iPhone offer on the T-Mobile.com website or just the trade-in?

Can you please clarify?

Thank you.

Interesting, did you already submit that? Also did you go through the iPhone offer on the T-Mobile.com website or just the trade-in?

Submit what?

I pre-ordered through the T-mobile website with the trade-in offer.

^That same thing was happening to me, I’m sending in a fully paid off iPhone 8 Plus and it initially told me $415 but I looked at my shipping label and it said it was worth $129. I wonder if it’s a glitch on their end?

Also, it says that my iPhone will ship by 10/23-10/23 and it hasn’t been shipped yet, so I can’t track it. Will it most likely arrive by Friday in that case?

I did JOD and didn’t get the $415 credit I would have received had I did the Apple trade in. JOB only paid off my device ($315). So I guess T-Mobile will get the extra $100 for their pocket. Also when I attempted to get the $415 trade in through Apple, T-Mobile would only apply the credit to the monthly payments and would make me pay off current device up front with down payment and taxes would have increased my first payment to $500+ dollars.

I dont work for T-Mobile but i expect the people who did receive shipping dates on october 23rd will get their device on the 23rd even if it is shipped on the 21st. T-mobile offers free 2-day shipping on devices. 

^That same thing was happening to me, I’m sending in a fully paid off iPhone 8 Plus and it initially told me $415 but I looked at my shipping label and it said it was worth $129. I wonder if it’s a glitch on their end?

Also, it says that my iPhone will ship by 10/23-10/23 and it hasn’t been shipped yet, so I can’t track it. Will it most likely arrive by Friday in that case?

T-Mobile uses UPS to ship their devices. If you sign up for UPS My Choice and look at your deliveries, you can see if a label has been created yet or not.

For example, I’ve received no email saying my 12 Pro has shipped, however, when I log into UPS My Choice, it tells me my phone is being shipped tomorrow or Thursday with delivery by 3:00 PM on Friday.

I did JOD and didn’t get the $415 credit I would have received had I did the Apple trade in. JOB only paid off my device ($315). So I guess T-Mobile will get the extra $100 for their pocket. Also when I attempted to get the $415 trade in through Apple, T-Mobile would only apply the credit to the monthly payments and would make me pay off current device up front with down payment and taxes would have increased my first payment to $500+ dollars.

the trade in promos are only good for completely paid off phones. if you have an EIP or JOD, i don’t believe you qualify. the “trade-in” covers the rest of what you owe on the phone.

I preordered iPhone 12 pro at about 5:30a.m. My card has been charged but I still have a shipping day window of 11/03-11/09. Is it accurate ?

I also have been charged for both of my orders even thought the estimated shipping window is 10/24-11/02 and 11/17-11/23.  Any idea if If tmobile is shipping phones out before their anticipated ship date?

Userlevel 1

Just curious if the phone hasn’t shown it’s shipped yet, how are you able to check it on my ups choice? Because you’d need an order number to put to search it.

T-Mobile uses UPS to ship their devices. If you sign up for UPS My Choice and look at your deliveries, you can see if a label has been created yet or not.

For example, I’ve received no email saying my 12 Pro has shipped, however, when I log into UPS My Choice, it tells me my phone is being shipped tomorrow or Thursday with delivery by 3:00 PM on Friday.