Question

One Android contact not receiving my MMS and group messages from my iPhone 11

• 26 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have one contact with a Galaxy S10 (AT&T) and until recently had no issues receiving MMS messages (photos, videos, and group messages) from me, including on my old iPhone 8.  Recently, after I got a new iPhone 11 with T-Mobile, my contact can no longer receive MMS messages from me.  He receives SMS from me, and I receive all of his SMS and MMS messages.  He also has no issue receiving all SMS and MMS from all other users.

We've tried a few troubleshooting steps: factory reset my and his phones; checked and reset contact info on both phones, checked and reset all messaging settings; tried Textra and other messaging apps; called AT&T and T-Mobile and ran through a few steps, including resetting IMEI.  No luck with anything. Really frustrating, especially for group chats.

Any ideas?  Thanks.  

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

any other ATT users that you text?

and checked and reset contact info on both phones..do you mean you double checked it and it was all fine or you fully deleted it and anything that included his/her number and then added it all back in? text history...call history...voicemail...anything that has that number in it.

Badge

Thanks for responding.

Yes, no problem sending to other ATT users. 

By reset contacts, I mean the latter...we deleted everything possible on the phones regarding the contacts and then re-added the contacts.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Generally, these iPhone-Android MMS snafus are due to iMessage taking over and trying to send the MMS via Apple’s back channel.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for responding.

Yes, no problem sending to other ATT users. 

By reset contacts, I mean the latter...we deleted everything possible on the phones regarding the contacts and then re-added the contacts.

but you deleted ALL call history, text history, voicemails and anything linked to that number from your phone or just their contact info?