Solved

phone doesn't charge or turn on

last night i plugged in my charger at 3% and it went down to 2% and then shut off. i took out and put back in my charger but still nothing, this morning i purchased a new charger and it wouldn't work either no matter where i plugged it in. has anyone experienced this?

icon

Best answer by pedro_sanchez 4 June 2017, 23:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Are you getting absolutely no reaction at all on screen indicating charging status? What about in a pitch black room, does the screen not light up at all?

no nothing at all

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Sounds like the phone is at issue here.  Do you have a T-Mobile store or Apple store nearby?  Warranty or handset protection plan?  It might be the battery itself or the port or the software that controls the port/charging.  Did you leave it plugged in with the new charger and different USB/AC port for an hour or so?  If no plan or warranty, there are a lot of places both in malls and stand alone shops that can diagnose and usually quickly repair or replace a battery or other part.

i do have insurance and i will be heading to a store in a few. ive been leaving it charged with the new charger for about 30 minutes now to see if anything turns on

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Best of luck with it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had a similar issue with my wife's phone; it appeared to have died. I had AppleCare and the first thing they had me do was a hard reset. Hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the apple logo appears....5-10 seconds. Since your battery is so low, have it plugged in when you try.

After the reset, it worked fine. I hope that fixes your issue for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is a support article from Apple

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on - Apple Support

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for trying steps to get your phone to work @magenta1687601 . Sorry to hear it's not coming on. Did you end up replacing it under warranty? We just wanna make sure you have a working phone. If you haven't already, try the awesome doc that @pedro_sanchez  posted, and keep us posted on the results. Thanks!

magenta1687601

Hard reset is the first thing we should try to do when an iPhone has a software issue. It may not be omnipotent, but solves many software issues.

To apply a force restart to your iPhone. Or try using an iphone system recovery tool to fix the issue. Of course, you can also visit the Apple store to repair the device.