Solved

Question about iphone 7 locked

I bought my phone from best buy and paid in full in September. It was guaranteed that it can be work in China. However, when I come back to china and change the Lycambile card which I used to activate my iphone 7 for other chinese SIM card, it can't be work and prompt me for invalid SIM card. The best buy costomer service told me that I need to contact the carrier to unlocked, and I found the carrier showed in my phone is T-mobile, that's why I am here. So, please held me and e-mail to xxxxxx@126.com. Thanks.

*edited personal information - Marissa

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 21 January 2017, 18:57

Have you been a tmobile customer? That is part of the requirement to get an unlock.  See the article below.  If not,  you will need to buy unlock service from a seller online.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

View original

14 replies

Have you been a tmobile customer? That is part of the requirement to get an unlock.  See the article below.  If not,  you will need to buy unlock service from a seller online.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

Thanks for your attention. I think I need to buy unlock service, but how to contact to the seller online? I can't sign up for T-Mobile ID because I don't have a T-Mobile number.

I have the same problem, how did you solve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

marujelli wrote:

I have the same problem, how did you solve this?

Complain to Apple about their Reseller Flex policy and meet the requirements for T-Mobile to unlock the phone.  The policy Apple has is trash and a bane for cellular customers.

I aked about a solution.

Complaining is not a solution.

Can you please let me know how you solved the situation?. Since I cant contact or complete TMobile becasue Lyca phone numer is not on TMbolie database

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Of course not.  T-Mobile will not unlock devices unless you meet the requirements.

T-Mobile does NOT have the IMEI in the database because Apple does not give them the IMEI for devices they sell.  Reseller Flex policy locks the iPhone to a carrier that will never get those IMEI's so carriers will not unlock those devices because they believe it doesn't belong to them because they have no IMEI record of the phone.

The more people complaining about this policy will reduce or even fix this problem for the future, and it's a long processes to fix the problem.

To unlock you need to meet these requirements. Unlock your mobile wireless device

If you do not meet them then you will not get an unlock

It seems you are a robot or dont have enought intelligence to understand the point.

Because TMOBILE HS THE IMEI NUMBER of my phone on th database with a LYCA phone number !!!!

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THESE???

Maybe not ! please do not respond anymore if you do not understand. Thanks.

TMbolise HAS the IMEI on the database and I can only use with LYCA that is from Tmobile !!

T Mbolise HAS my IMEI on the database...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Tmobile may have the imei in their system but not in their data base that they sold the phone

to request an unlock code.

All BYOD phones will register the imei in Tmobile's system yet Tmobile still cannot request an unlock code

if they didn't sell the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

marujelli wrote:

TMbolise HAS the IMEI on the database and I can only use with LYCA that is from Tmobile !!

T Mbolise HAS my IMEI on the database...

It is not in their database.  IMEI Status Check | See if Your Phone Works on T-Mobile 4G Network

Try and put the IMEI in there and it will kick an error.  This has been a long standing problem since the iPhone 6 when Apple introduced the Flex Policy.

shhh .. you're unbearable. I prefer to talk with gramps who is more clear and less rude.

Do you have personality issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can tell a person is rude by text when everything said has been Monotone?

I am letting  you know of a policy most people don't know about and how it causes trouble for people.  Sorry if it's something you don't like to hear.  You can search these forums and you will see this has been a problem for the past 2 years and every time it has come down to that policy.  Have a great day, and good luck unlocking your phone.

The only way to get it unlocked it to meet the requirements and since you are overseas there is no way you can meet them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have one question for you to clear this up since you piggybacked your question from the original posters question and we may not have all the details.

Did you buy the phone from Tmobile USA. Yes or no.