Solved

Service Access Denied

I'm having the same issue. I am texting a simple code and its keeps giving me this message. I need it for a volunteer organization that I am working with. Is it my phone, t mobile or them? is there something in my settings I need to change? This has happened numerous times now. I have an Iphone 7.

Kim

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 23 July 2018, 16:29

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta2673227​! 

This sounds like more of a block that's on your account. Do you have a prepaid or postpaid account? When was the last time you were able to successfully send a text to them? Are you able to receive texts from that number?

Userlevel 4

Just wanted to check in on the questions Amanda asked above!

-Lauren

I don’t have a prepaid account or anything like that. It has happened before . Anytime I’m asked to text the number so I can “opt” into something it won’t let me. Is there something in my settings? This is a Red Cross opt in text number and also denied my church opt in for daily text videos...not sure what else to try .

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 3

Ouch -- sorry for the delayed reply here, @magenta2673227​. If it's not an account limitation (since you mention having postpaid service), it may be a message block setting. Are you able to receive messages from/send messages to other short codes?

nope!

Userlevel 3

Ah, OK! In that case, please Community-2153​ so that we can check the message blocking settings on our side -- we may need to alter your account provisioning to get this working! 😊

I had this issue too Call Support and turn off "Device Block" on your line.

Why is this device block on our phones. I just had to go through and get mine fixed. why does t-mobile have any right to block anything from coming to our phone with out our say.

I have a similar issue in my account and I'm not really sure how to lift the block for shorter numbers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Why is this device block on our phones. I just had to go through and get mine fixed. why does t-mobile have any right to block anything from coming to our phone with out our say.

more than likely they need to add short code to your account...it doesnt start off on your account because not everyone wants short code allowed on their accounts..

I'm having the same issue. I am texting a simple code and its keeps giving me this message. I need it for a volunteer organization that I am working with. Is it my phone, t mobile or them? is there something in my settings I need to change? This has happened numerous times now. I have an Iphone 7.

Kim

I'm having the same issue

Very frustrating and time consuming 

I went from sprint to this mess and I tell you one thing FEDEX cannot send me any codes now and neither can they verify accounts through my bank because of Tmobile adds blocks on here, now my settings are enabled for premium text and they want to block google codes and other things like the veteran affairs codes from my phone? They got another thing coming.. If id known this I would had never switched to tmobile. Ive asked it chat and Ive called, I have installed a voip with google number just so i can log in to get paid,  They need to stop their crap. They are the only carrier doing this and we been doing a story on this at SiriusXm, And tmobile does so you can call in to get their upgrades so they block this service so when you do call to have it lifted and removed from your account your more than likely going to get an upgrade from the phone you already have,,, i know this as facts, they block for you to call. Me & my associates are doing a story… here goes all 5 associates one on tmobile, 1 with verizon , 1 with at&t , 1 with cricket wireless, & 1 with spectrum out of all these they all received their codes from google but service was denied on tmobile, when the associate called they then said he needed an upgrade {phone already 2 mths old} now get this they go to bill the account for another phone they stayed off the subject of removing the message block on their end and wanted him to pay the 346 dollars in a new phone & plan, getting services off if near impossible unless you give them a couple thousand.. at first your switch from sprint its 250 for iphone then 140 for activation in 2 weeks you getting a bill for 203 and then in 2 more weeks your paying your reg monthly family fee of 147 for essential tmobile,, its a money thing. and they wait for you to call

Userlevel 2
Badge

appreciate the heads up, tho I have not had that exact issue….please provide some links to more info if you can...if what you say is true, it sounds like Wells Fargo setting up extra bank accounts without their customers permission or knowledge…..if T-Moo is artificially limiting accounts and then upselling you into a different phone or service, it would be a very scummy practice….please keep us informed how this comes out...thx

The same thing happens to my phone. How can I fix this?