Solved

Setting up iPhone Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile Connect

• 24 September 2020
  • 16 replies

Badge

Hi,

Is visual voicemail available on T-Mobile Connect?

Trying to set it up from my iPhone and I get this error after putting in a 4 digit passcode:

“Voicemail Unavailable. Could Not Authorize Access”

I was able to set up voicemail by pressing “1” but can’t get visual voicemail to work.

icon

Best answer by Rockstarjsw 30 October 2020, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

I had this same problem, I switched from Verizon to t-mobile and got the same message on my iPhone 11. I fixed it today, here’s how:

Call yourself and set up your voicemail. (Remember the pin you use)

After you’re all set up, have somebody call and leave you a voicemail message.

Now go to the voicemail tab in your Phone app and tap set up, input the pin that you had set up when you called yourself.

GOOD TO GO!

Brilliant! Thank you. Worked just like you said and so easy. 

We had to do a combination of both, had to have the rep reset the password on our end, reset our network settings on our end, and then call ourselves to set a new password, have someone leave a voicemail, and then use the password we just created. Thank you for all the tips! It worked significantly better than customer support for 3 hours

THIS WORKED FOR US! Thank u so much!
I have been to 3 stores and spent 8+ hours w tech support. I finally googled the prob and you fixed it!!!

Keep calling TMobile support until you find a support person who is willing to help and not punt you off to Apple.

The solution in my case was that the agent reset my voicemail at her end and had me reset my network settings on my iPhone at the same time. Once my phone rebooted I tried entering in a password and it worked.

Good luck!

THIS WORKED FOR US! Thank u so much!

I had this same problem, I switched from Verizon to t-mobile and got the same message on my iPhone 11. I fixed it today, here’s how:

Now go to the voicemail tab in your Phone app and tap set up, input the pin that you had set up when you called yourself.

GOOD TO GO!

I don’t know how I’m the world you figured this out, but you’re a goddamn genius. Thank you!

Leave a voicemail from another number technique worked for me too tonight. Needs to be added to the call script.

GOOD TO GO!

^^^ This fixed it for me! Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the guidance.  The procedure worked great!

GOOD TO GO!

Just got my new iPhone 12 Pro and ported numbers from AT&T. This worked for me as well! Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes. That’s why I said, “If that does not work.”  :wink:

If that does not work, do this in order:

1. Delete the data & cache of the Visual Voicemail app.
  2. Delete the app.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Re-install the Visual Voicemail app.

Thanks, this solution provided is for Android not iPhone. The solution in this discussion that works for iPhone was provided above by Rockstarjsw

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If that does not work, do this in order:

1. Delete the data & cache of the Visual Voicemail app.
  2. Delete the app.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Re-install the Visual Voicemail app.

GOOD TO GO!

^^^ This fixed it for me! Thank you!!!!

Userlevel 2

GOOD TO GO!

INteresting… thanks!

I try to avoid calling tech support of any kind.

The interminable waits are a PITA at best, and getting handed back & forth from agent to agent to get to one that actually KNOWS something, and that I can UNDERSTAND over the phone, makes the whole process less-than-appealing.

MUCH prefer CHAT sessions, while admitting they suffer with their own unique issues.

But I’ll take your suggestion to heart later on today, when I can drive to a location that gives me 4 bars signal strength… otherwise I’m certain a long-duration call’d be dropped.

Badge

Keep calling TMobile support until you find a support person who is willing to help and not punt you off to Apple.

The solution in my case was that the agent reset my voicemail at her end and had me reset my network settings on my iPhone at the same time. Once my phone rebooted I tried entering in a password and it worked.

Good luck!

Same here. Moved # I’ve had (first on Sprint, then Verizon, now T-Mobile) over to a post-paid account last weekend. Can’t get VM to work. Same as you, entered multi-digit password in Apple’s Visual Voicemail but that went nowhere but an error “Not at This Time”.

Earlier, on a chat session w/ T-Mobile ‘expert’ their answer was to go to Apple’s support website, which led me back to T-Mobile’s for answers….

Man I sure hope I can get this resolved today. With all the SPAM calls I get because of the upcoming election I don’t answer calls unless their from my contacts list.