Solved

Short Code Issues

I have an iPhone 5c and did not have issues for a long time after switching to T-Mobile sending and receiving short code messages.  Now, however, and for the past year or so, I have not been able to send messages to nor receive messages from Short Code numbers.  What can I do?  I need this to be back on since I get critical work and school related information via short code numbers.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by snn_555 6 June 2017, 11:49

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

What happens when you try to submit short codes?

HTGHTG

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I had to contact T-Mobile. Mine had switched off a couple times over the years.

Userlevel 4

Just checking in here to see if you were still having issues with short codes. If so, do you remember changing your rate plan or anything when this started? Please let us know if you still need help.

Userlevel 3

Hi hi! I know it's been a while since your post, but we wanted to touch base again and check to see if you're still having short code trouble. Please let us know a little more about what's going on and if you can think of any changes that might line up with the timing of this issue! We're here to help if needed. 😊 Thanks!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there!

Is this still an issue? If so, please give us a reply back so we can help figure this out for you. Thanks!

I cannot reply to shortcodes. How do I enable this? 

Does anyone know what short code 2296 is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

TMO campaigns..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes

How short codes work

• Simply dial the short code to get the information you need.
  • Non-T-Mobile self-service short codes are not supported on select plans.
  • Codes 401, 403, 405, 409, 440, 441, 443, 444, 445, 456, 457, 459, 462 are T-Mobile Alerts.
  • Codes 2294, 2295, 2296, 2297, 2954, 2958 are T-Mobile campaigns.
  • Messages sent to 456 may receive a response back to let you know it isn't a monitored channel and to contact our Messaging department.
  • Most short codes are only delivered to the primary SIM card and may not display in the DIGITS Web Client, DIGITS App, Data with Paired DIGITS, DIGITS Talk and Text, PROXY by DIGITS, or LineLink DIGITS lines.
  • Short codes are country specific.
    • In each country, a short code has a different service running on it, so a service that is supported on 55555 in the U.S. supports a different service in Germany.
    • While overseas, you will not receive short code messages.

Does anyone know what short code 962 362 is or what its for? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im  not seeing anything listed for either of those

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes

@fireguy_6364 you're awesome and thank you! it is all one code, that is how it appeared and thank you again for the effort. I am still searching for it myself. Will post any significant finds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it by chance from a company to you?

@fireguy_6364 no its a random number. I can only assume its some kind of promotion or from a business. I have only received it today then after searching the net I came across this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im remembering correctly if its from a business its usually 5 or 6 digits.

5 for sure since i just received a couple from Walgreens and one from my work..both had 5 digits.

@fireguy_6364 thanks! Ill keep that in mind. one of my go to sources is https://www.textingworld.com/shortcode.html , just wanted to share.