Question

Sprint to T-Mobile SIM card broke my hotspot

• 25 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am a Sprint customer.  I ordered and installed the T-mobile SIM card to switch over.  After the change over the hotspot feature of my iPhone does not provide access to the Internet.  It appears that DHCP is not giving the iPhone an IP address. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get it fixed with no solution.  So they “Wrote a ticket.”  Haven’t heard back for several days.  And now I’m no longer eligible for the $200 towards a new iPhone.

Really frustrated!!!  Upgrade to T-mobile and break your phone!!!!

3 replies

Same! We switched my son from Sprint from T-Mobile SIM a few days ago and Hotspot does not work. However we did the same to my wife’s phone and it works. So perhaps it’s an issue with a specific device in combination with T-Mobile SIM?? My wife has Pixel 4 and my son has Galaxy A71. My phone works however I upgraded my phone which came with T-Mobile SIM so it was not originally Sprint.

Did you ever get this working?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

were you able to contact TMO and have them reactive it on your line?

This just happened to me this week. Did any of you get it fixed? If so, mind sharing what I need to tell my local store? They've seen it happen once before but don't have any answers for me...