Solved

T-Mobile locked my iPhone 7

im Really pissed, i bought an UNLOCKED iPhone 7 from Best Buy with a PREPAID T-Mobile sim. I was under the Impression that I could switch carriers at any time. I switch my number to AT&T and ordered a new sim and unfortunately that same does not work in my phone. T-Mobile refuses to unlock my sim  and Apple has been no help either. They told me to factory reset and insert the new sim and that crap hasn’t work it’s still locked to T-Mobile. I have pre-paid and an unlocked phone for the freedom and flexibility and T-Mobile sucks.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 16 June 2018, 22:44

Actually it's Apple that sucks since it's their policy.

It's called the Apple Reseller Flex policy.

Apple sells their phones as unlocked to Best Buy and other 3rd party store but

when the first sim card is inserted into the phone it will lock to that carrier.

If you used an AT&T sim first you would be in the same boat.

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Actually it's Apple that sucks since it's their policy.

It's called the Apple Reseller Flex policy.

Apple sells their phones as unlocked to Best Buy and other 3rd party store but

when the first sim card is inserted into the phone it will lock to that carrier.

If you used an AT&T sim first you would be in the same boat.

I was speaking in terms of service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm replying to your locked phone and how you would be in the same boat with the

phone being locked to any other carrier besides Verizon if you used their sim first.

Userlevel 6

Hey, @brittneylampkin​. I believe Gramps28 is correct -- we've definitely had folks mention similar situations before. I'm sorry you found yourself in this situation unaware!

I can tell you that if you used the device with T-Mobile long enough to satisfy the requirements here: Unlock your mobile wireless device​ then you should be able to Community-2153​ and have an unlock request filed! Since the IMEI will not be in our database (which only contains the details for devices we retail) this will need to be an Unlock Escalation -- an email that an internal representative will forward to an offline team after the request is filed in order to have someone reach out to Apple directly to resolve the problem.

I have almost the same problem. I have an Iphone 5s blocked on the T-Mobile network. I do not have the original sim card anymore and I want to unlock it via internet.

Ideas? Because there I do not know what to do: I went to smartphone shops but sellers do not deal with foreign networks (or so I did not find the right store)

I do not want to go to another country just for an iPhone ...

I am desperate any help will be welcome.

thank you in advance.

https://dltutuapp.com/

https://kodi.software/

https://luckypatcher.pro/

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is it blocked or locked?

Two different things, locked is when the phone can be used used to only one network while

blocked is the phone is reported lost,stolen or hasn't been paid off in full.

Even I faced similar kind of issue, What you can do is just goto any T-Mobile service center with all the documentation of your SIM and Phone. After checking all the paper work they will unblock it.

Hi, i'm from Brazil. I bought an iPhone XS here in Brazil in a store, on january of 2019, so i have the invoice of the store. That's an departmant store, very big here in Brazil. But last week you from t-mobile, locked the IMEI from my phone, saying it was a stolen phone. i want to know why you did it, and want you to unlock my phone, because it is a normal phone, bought here in Brazil, not in USA. I never had an account with you from T-mobile, that's no why you block my phone. I'll ask you again to unlock it, or i'll look for the legal ways to do it.

If you check the phone IMEI, you'll see that has never been stolen or an account with you. So search in yout systema, the documents needed to ask a block of a phone, because i have all the documents, and i doubt the person who request it, have the documents.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What kind of store was it bought at?

pontofrio.com It's a depertment store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The supplier of the department store may have received a bad shipment of phones. If I were you I would take it back for an exchange.

That is pretty easy. Just take out your existing SIM and try putting in a new one. If you bought your iPhone direct from an authorised  Apple Store, your iPhone will come unlocked by default, so when you swap between SIMs from different networks you won’t need to unlock your phone. Swapping your sim is quick and easy, when you iPhone is unlocked and you don’t even need to restart your iPhone.

I find it interesting that blacklisting now works internationally. It may be difficult because you will need to write a letter to T-Mobile's postal address showing copies of your receipt, the phone's IMEI, etc and demanding an explanation of why they blacklisted your device and a copy of the police report where it was reported as stolen. If you can get them to respond (and there's no real guarantee they will, (short of hiring a US lawyer to threaten them) then you take that documentation to the store showing that they sold you a stolen and blacklisted phone. Sometimes whole shipments of phones get stolen and resold to unsuspecting, otherwise reputable stores. If necessary, you report the store to the police in Brazil for selling stolen merchandise.

Also, is there any sort of Brazilian mobile phone Internet forum. If you bought a stolen phone, I'll bet you're not the only one and this will be a hot topic.

BTW, if you want a response from someone with T-Mobile, it's best to start a new thread. This thread is marked "Answered".

I got similar problem. On 13.01.2020 i got one iphone 11 pro max from from TARGET Pasadena TX for 1249.99 USD.  Phone was unlocked. After using T-mobile prepaid card for activation the phone remain locked. The SIM card was from friend of mine.  I called Apple - they said we do not lock Phones. I called Target shop - they said we sold the phone unlocked. I left USA and no T mobile prepaid card. Kindly asking T-mobile to help me with that issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Welcome to Apple's 3rd party reseller program.

3rd parties like Target sells iPhones as unlocked when in reality are locked to the first sim.

Screwed by US Reseller Flex Policy - Apple Community

Thanks gramps28!  so what i can do to unlock the phone? to whom i have to go solve the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The imei# isn't in Tmobile's database as a phone Tmobile sold so your best bet is to contact T-Force using

messenger on Tmobile's Facebook or Twitter page to see if they can help.