Question

T-mobile says unlocked, but phone isn't.

• 2 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I recently finished paying off my iPhone 8+ and put in a request for it to be unlocked through T-mobile. They were very nice and put the request in for me and it seemed very simple. My boyfriend has sprint, and he was gonna use the phone, and as we know T-Mobile just bought out sprint but the 'merge' hasn't happened yet so they are still technically separate. Now, Tmobile has told me countless times the phone is unlocked but when we put in the sim card for sprint it says the phone is locked. I've followed every instruction given to the T and it isnt working. We even went to the sprint store and they checked and said "oh the phones locked to tmobile" Anyone have this issue? help, tmobile support isn't helping and i feel like they have no idea what they're talking about when they talk on the phone.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

When you request a code of an iPhone , Tmobile then forwards the request to Apple who proceeds to issue the unlock. Only Apple can unlock an Apple phone.

Your best bet is to reach out using messenger to one of Tmobile’s social media platforms.