Solved

t mobile (unlocked version) 7 plus"sim not supported"

• 11 December 2016
  • 13 replies

Hi, I bought a t mobile (unlocked version) 7 plus and want to activate the phone in South Africa but it says "sim not supported". I dont have a t mobile account. I just bought the phone cash. Any help please???

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 11 December 2016, 23:52

You can buy an unlock service from the many online sellers that offer it. But you will not be able to get it unlocked through T-Mobile as you are not a customer.

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

One that offers a money back guarantee.

If you just bought the phone using paypal and the description in the listing

states the phone as being unlocked I would file a claim to get your money back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Where  did you buy the phone? The Apple store is the only place that sells the

unlock version and every other place sells the no contract version that still is locked to the carrier.

‌Hi, I bought the phone on an ebay auction. I guess I'm stuck with a phone thats worth nothing? Is there any way that I can unlock it?

You can buy an unlock service from the many online sellers that offer it. But you will not be able to get it unlocked through T-Mobile as you are not a customer.

Thanks for the feedback. do you reccomend any unlocking services?

‌I spoke to the people at imeiunlock.net and they cannot seem to find the phone on T-mobiles data base. They said that I still meed to put a T-mobile sim in the phone to get it pass the start up process before they can perform a unlock. But I live in South Africa and don't know how I can get a t mobile sim. They figure if I put a T-mobile sim in that the phone will be unlocked by itself to any other carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Are you sure it's for T-Mobile and not another carrier?

‌Yes I'm 100% sure it's T-mobile. The one lady I spoke to at T-Mobile said they found my phone but it still needs activation with a T-mobile sim.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If the phone is brand new it should already have a T-Mobile sim in the phone. If it was open then it should have already been through that process.

‌Unfortunately I don't have a T-Mobile sim and it's not activated. Apple can pick it up in their data base but they don't unlock phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Then it isn't a T-Mobile iPhone. Fresh out of the box it will have a T-Mobile sim in it. If it is used then it should have been activated prior and would be in the system. Seems like the original owner may have pulled a fast one on you and caused this mess.

Yes I also think. I contacted him numerous times for a refund but he said that I broke the phone     Anyways thanks for all the help and support guys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

File a claim with eBay if the advertising said it was unlocked.  Just a heads up.  There is no such thing as an unlocked T-Mobile iPhone.  Out of the box unopened it is always locked.  The only way it will be unlocked out of the box is the Verizon version(law requirement) or one purchased directly from Apple sim free version.