Question

Texts from my new iPhone 14 Pro to Androids -totally unsuccessful ?!?!

• 4 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

I have just moved over from Verizon.  I have a iPhone 14 Pro. All data has been transferred and same Ph# ported over. I cannot send texts successfully to Android devices. Individual or group texts that contain an Android give me the following error msg: Unable to send - Message Blocking is active. I can call/accept phone calls from the very same Android users but no texts can be exchanged.

4 replies

Badge

problem solved with Tech Rep Avery today about ½ hr ago.  Disabled my wifi on the phone and terminated the phone call.  Waited a minute for Avery to do his reset on his end.  Powered back-up, sent test txts to 2 Android users and was successful with both.  Avery indicates that he checked my number for any blockages and also “Reprovisioned” ??? the text capabilities/settings on my number/phone and that was the “fix” we guess.  TY to Avery and a quick turnaround!

I have a standing ticket opened yesterday for the same thing with my 13 pro max.  Might call and ask for Avery.

I had this problem, in addition to not receiving texts as a part of multi-authentication, so we were dead in the water… couldn’t log into bank, work email, etc. because they all were set to send text to our phones.  I called and asked to speak to Tech support and after the first level person tried to address it, they moved me on.   Turns out that our settings had “block” set up, which I’m told is a feature, but I can’t imagine ANYONE using that “feature”.  After she turned that off, we were up and running.  No more issues sending to Android devices, and no more issues not getting our authentication PINs for logging into nearly all of our providers.    - Though it was about 1 hour on the phone, it was good to not have to get multiple tickets and get escalated.

@cls, thanks for your post.  I tried everything on our phones and this post helped me feel confident it was on the T-mobile side.   

Badge

U R welcome @philw and anyone else who found this helpful. Also continued thx to the “fixer” Avery and other T-Mob support reps who recognize this undesirable setting