Question

Unable to text

Badge +1

Ipad text message problems

Hello,

I am currently having problems sending a Imessage to two people on my ipad.

I have cleared the cache, turned on and off wifi and wifi single is 3 out of 5 and softmware is all up to date.

Telephone number has not been changed because it is working on the iphone 10.

I tried deleting the numbers and creating the number again and no difference

With both numbers I get a red examination mark when clicking on it it says this imessage was not delivered try again. When doing so same thing.

I also have a new sim card.

I have also tried the following trouble shooting steps with no luck:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/device-troubleshooting/messaging-and-email-troubleshooting.

Tried dealing with apple and tmobile totally useless all the say is their canned replies which I already heard 100 times.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Normally if you’ve gone through all those steps, we’d need to file a Trouble Ticket with our Tech support folks. However, of others are unable to text the same numbers, those folks may need to do troubleshooting on their end, i.e. making sure you’re number isn’t blocked. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

if its only happening with two contacts and working fine for the rest then the issue is probably on their side.

Badge +1

Hello,

Just to add the error message says imessage number not registered. These people have a iphone and ipad.and it worked on the ipad before.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

contact apple on this one..imessage is theirs.. you might even hit up their forums and see if anyone else has already posted about this issue.

Badge +1

Hello tmo_mike_c,

Quoe from  tmo_mike_c “Normally if you’ve gone through all those steps, we’d need to file a Trouble Ticket with our Tech support folks. However, of others are unable to text the same numbers, those folks may need to do troubleshooting on their end, i.e. making sure you’re number isn’t blocked.” 

You sound like a robot and your response are all canned replies. Dont you get tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

Calling your tech support is totally useless. Numerous of tickets get you know were what kind of support is this. I am tired of all the wasting of my time and lies saying the same thing over and over again. It seems that your agent dont even take proper documentation of the problem. If I explain to them in detail what is happen and then I call the next day I should not have to repeat myself.

I like your automated system when calling in it says you are speaking to a expert and not a robot and less bouncing around this is a joke from all the tickets I have also been promise from supervisors and agents and never got a call from these people.

Badge

Almost sounds like your SIM card isn’t activated. You state its a new SIM card in your original post. Is this the same iPad and had to get a new SIM card? 

Badge

Also check your iMessage settings to see what number or email it’s sending from. If it’s a number, then most likely it’s your SIM card that hasn’t been activated for that iPad. 

Badge +1

Also check your iMessage settings to see what number or email it’s sending from. If it’s a number, then most likely it’s your SIM card that hasn’t been activated for that iPad. 

Correction op made a mistake there is no sim card in a ipad. Imessage settings are correct.