Solved

Unlock iPhone for using in Russia

Hello! I recently bought two iPhones7 by ebay. Sellers (owners of the iPhones) used T-Mobile.  I'm from Russia. I have a Russian SIM cards but when I insert it to use it iPhones say the SIM Not Supported. Please can you advise me as to the steps I need to take to use iPhones with my local SIM cards.  Could you unlock my iPhones from T-Mobile please?  If it needs I can sent EMEI numbers of iPhones.   Best regards  Aleks S

icon

Best answer by gramps28 16 June 2018, 20:26

Only the original owner , person who sold you the phones, can request the unlock codes.

A Tmobile customer is the only person who can request the code and the phones need to show the

required usage on their account.

So there is no way you can request an unlock code from Tmobile plus since you bought the phones from ebay

I would be worried the phones may be blacklisted since they may be reported lost/stolen or were never fully paid for from Tmobile.

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Since you're not a customer of Tmobile USA they won't be able to unlock the phones

for you since you don't meet the requirements to receive an unlock code.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Thanks for your reply. I've read this requirements T-Mobile. it seems to me my iPhones are satisfy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Are you a Tmobile USA customer?

If not you don't meet the requirements.

I'm not. I bought used iPhones from ebay.com. It's owners are from USA and they have been using T-Mobile and they are T-Mobile USA customer. Carrier T-Mobile doesn't work in Russia. If I send you only IMEI numbers could you unlock iPhones for using with other carrier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Only the original owner , person who sold you the phones, can request the unlock codes.

A Tmobile customer is the only person who can request the code and the phones need to show the

required usage on their account.

So there is no way you can request an unlock code from Tmobile plus since you bought the phones from ebay

I would be worried the phones may be blacklisted since they may be reported lost/stolen or were never fully paid for from Tmobile.

Owner of iPhone will send me the unlock code as soon as possible. What I need to do with the code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

When I press the address it opens a window:

" Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328" on this server.

Reference #18.9fac1502.1529242619.1988db1f  "

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Once you receive the code , google unlock apple iphone.

Unlocking iPhones need to be done using itunes.

thank you for your answer. Could you send me detailed manual unlocking iPhones? Support.apple.com doesn't have it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Apple doesn't use a code to unlock your phone.

If your phone is eligible to be unlocked you need to back up the phone

then connect to iTunes restore and unlock the phone.

Okey. You sad me about an unlock code from Tmobile earlier.  Seller (owner of Iphone) is a TMobile customer. He agrees to ask a Tmobile unlock code and send me it. In my country carrier TMobile doesn't work. I haven't got Tmobile sim card (sim from this iPhone are belonged  to the seller). Could you send me a detailed manual for using the unlock code (step by step)? Where I need to use it and how I can enter this code in the iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If the original owner of the phone gets the unlock request Tmobile will

send him the instructions to unlock it.

Basically once you get approval you back up your phone using iTunes then restore it and it should be unlocked.

Thanks. Original owner the iPhone unlocked it. But I bought 2 used  iPhones7 by ebay.com. Another seller ( the owner of the second iPhone 7)  used T-Mobile USA, but he is no longer T-Mobile customer. He said me that the phone has been paid in full.

I've written I'm not from USA . I have T-mobile sim from this iPhone (it belonged to original owner or the iPhone). Unfortunatelly carrier T-Mobile doesn't work in my country.

When I insert my sim card to use it iPhone says "the SIM Not Supported".

I want to use the iPhone with my local carrier.

Please can you advise me as to the steps I need to take to use iPhone with my local SIM card.  Could you unlock my iPhone from T-Mobile please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Only the original owner can request the unlock code if they meet the requirements.

Userlevel 6

Hey folks! First off, @gramps28​ is correct -- because there are payment, usage, and account requirements for Unlock your mobile wireless device​, only the original owner can request an unlock. It's also worth calling out that iPhones don't have an unlock code -- when the device owner contacts T-Mobile and initiates an unlock request, the account is reviewed for eligibility -- if eligible, the request is passed to Apple, who unlock the phone remotely after 24 hours.
In this situation, your best bet is to reach back out to the original owners that you purchased the device from and ask them to complete these steps.