Solved

Unlock my IPhone

Dear support

I want to unlock my IPhones for able to use another cell provider.

Please tell me what I need to do for that?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 2 June 2019, 20:14

You need to be a customer of Tmobile USA with your account in good standing and the phones paid off

while meeting the links in the link below.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You need to be a customer of Tmobile USA with your account in good standing and the phones paid off

while meeting the links in the link below.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Is it possible to unlock it if I don't have any active agreements with T-Mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

No unless you were a former customer and the phone was active on your postpaid account and was in good standing

they will unlock it.

So, do you think all that I can to do is to throw this IPhone in the trash?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I don't know about all that!  You mentioned that you do not have any active contracts with T-Mobile but are you a former customer?  If so, do you have any usage on the iPhone with this account?  Even if you are a non-active customer, as long as you meet the other requirements (no balance on closed account, 40 days of usage, etc) T-Mobile will be able to unlock your phone.

I'm not the former and even the current T-Mobile customer. At this moment I have just a T-Mobile ID and trying to define a possibility to unlock recently purchased IPhone 6s. It's not a new version but I'm even can't to fill a request form without T-Mobile phone number. But I don't have it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You're going to have to pay a 3rd party company to unlock it for you.

If you look at it this way even if you were a customer and to meet the requirements it would

cost you around $100 to unlock the phone. $100 in refills on a prepaid plan or basically 2 months

service on a post paid plan.

Where I can find information about costs and 3d parties?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You're going to need to do an internet search to find them and make

sure they offer a money back policy in case the unlock doesn't work.

Great answer... But why I can't operate with T-Mobile directly? T-Mobile doesn't work with individuals in such cases?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

No. They only issue unlock codes for Tmobile USA users that meet

the requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you're in the USA and it's a Tmobile branded phone you can open a prepaid plan and deposit $100 in refills

and you will be eligible for an unlock code.

please unlock my iphone

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

please unlock my iphone

follow the steps in this link

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device