I purchased my iPhone12 Mini in July, 2021 from Best Buy. Since I travel a lot internationally I contacted T-Mobile for unlocking. I guess default is locking because they checked and told me it was locked, and I was told it will be unlock. A few days later I was assured it was unlock. In October and november, 2021, I went to Canada but did not need to change my SIM card.
I have been in Korea for the last 6 weeks and need a local phone number and found my iphone is still locked! I contacted T-Mobile and they sent me a set of instructions to follow to unlock my phone and here are my comments and questions:
- The instruction starts with “backing up” my iphone. - Is auto backup good enough just in case something goes wrong?
- I started follow the instruction and resetting one after another so I stopped because I realized I am resetting to virtually going back up factory setting.
- Can’t T-Mobile unlock my iphone remotely as they had claimed last year soon after I purchased my iphone?
- Since I am not home but am traveling, I may not have all the info like wifi settings/password with me. Is it prudent to proceed and clear all that info while away from home?
- Has anyone done unlocking while in other country?
Best answer by tidbitsView original