Solved

Visual voicemail on iPhone 6

ive been trying to set up visual voice mail on my iPhone 6 since yesterday and it's not giving me that option... is my phone just not compatible with this feature?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 2 May 2017, 18:06

Sorry to hear that 😥 Please try reaching out to Apple when you have a moment. Perhaps they will be able to shed some light on this and may even have a trick or two up their sleeves.

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey there!

Your phone is compatible with Visual Voicemail. There's a helpful thread that I was able to track down with some steps to get it working. Can you give those steps a try and let me know if your visual voicemail is good to go?

Userlevel 6

Hi there @drhymes88‌!  How are you doing with Visual Voicemail?  Were you able to take a look at the thread Amanda linked to and get it working, or are you still having trouble?  Please let us know if you need assistance!

- Marissa

I tried all the steps provided and it still didn't help me any...

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6

I'm sorry to read that, @drhymes88‌!  Visual Voicemail is built into Apple's iOS, so it's a little different than just downloading an app.  I do know we've had an intermittent known issue with the message waiting indicator for iOS devices that's been ongoing for a bit now - if you're seeing the messages, but there's a delay, then that's one thing.  But if you're missing them entirely, that's another.  Since we know that password security isn't the problem here, can I ask what happens when you test by leaving yourself a voicemail?  Do you get any voicemail notification at all?

- Marissa

Yes I get the regular notifications like the number of messages I have highlighted in red above the voicemail icon but can only hear audio

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 5

Thanks for clarifying! I am glad to hear that you are getting the notifications of new voicemail. As for the transcribing of the message, this is part of Apple's VVM service and not the T-Mobile network. When you tap on the voicemail does it say "Transcription not available"?

No it doesn't say anything except for speaker call back and delete.. the notifications that I'm getting right now is a paid service I believe it's like 5 dollars a month through T-Mobile but what I am looking for is the visual voice mail that is a feature of the phone.. I'm not exactly sure why my phone is the only one that doesn't have it out of all the people I know...

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You may need to remove that feature from T-Mobile. It may be in conflict with apples system. I do not subscribe to T-Mobile's feature for Voice Mail nor visual voicemail and do not have a transcription or Voice Mail issue with Apple.

Userlevel 5

@snn_555​ is correct. With an iPhone, you do not need to have any paid service through us to get VVM transcription to work.

Yeah I got it afterwards, I've been trying to figure visual voicemail for like 2-3 weeks and no one has been able to figure out why it's not available on my phone despite changing the settings and a bunch of other stuff.. so I just caved in and purchased it but I'm about to delete it because it doesn't always give me the notifications anyways

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Apple transcription is still in beta. However I have had very little issue with it working correctly and transcribing it correctly. The only time I had any issue with visual voicemail was when I was I enrolled in digits. After I'm enrolling my issues disappeared.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing here. I don't have visual voice mail so I wouldn't know what issues it has. I have a paid service and that's the one that doesn't work as well as I wish it did

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I'm talking about Apple visual voicemail. It comes standard on iPhone free. You are paying T-Mobile for a similar service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Apple uses its own servers for visual voicemail. It works totally different than T-Mobile. Apple is the service you should be using. IDK why T-Mobile even offers it.

Probably for users who don't have the visual voice mail option like iPhone does but yeah I'm still not sure why my phone just doesn't have it

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 5

Hey @drhymes88​,

Just checking in here to see if you have had any luck getting the transcriptions?

No, I have not had any luck...

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 5

Sorry to hear that 😥 Please try reaching out to Apple when you have a moment. Perhaps they will be able to shed some light on this and may even have a trick or two up their sleeves.