VOICEMAIL NOT WORKING, MESSAGES GETTING DELETED WITHIN MINUTES

• 16 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

My voicemail stopped working out of the blue. At first, it wouldn’t pick up and it would ring and ring or give a busy signal. When I called T-mobile, they got the same error and recommended we delete my voicemail and set it up again. After doing so, a greeting would come up and allow the person to leave a voicemail, only that message gets deleted within a few minutes. I don’t get any notifications of a voicemail and even the voicemail on the T-mobile server somehow disappears within a few minutes. It’s not just an issue with visual voicemail, it’s an issue with T-mobile voicemail not working at all. When I call my voicemail now, it says “you have no messages” even though the T-mobile reps have left several message and I left several messages as well. This is the first time I have ever had such an issue with T-mobile and it’s BEYOND FRUSTRATING  to spend well over 3 HOURS OF MY TIME TROUBLESHOOTING to no avail. If this can’t get fixed, then I have no choice but to leave this service. Note: this is not an issue with my phone as the voicemail itself on the T-mobile server is not present after it’s left. Also, I have no updated my phone recently, so for the voicemail to suddenly stop working is both baffling and unacceptable

6 replies

i wonder if this is what’s happening with MY voicemail this past week too? (i’m using a samsung.) i see calls come in, i see when i’ve missed calls, i get “new voicemail” notifications, but NO VOICEMAIL MESSAGES exist when i call to retrieve messages. WTH?! i’m trying to run a business & *MUST* be able to get ALL voicemail, texts, & calls from my clients. missing them not only means i’ll lose income from that client for the one thing they’re calling to book with me, but it’ll impact my reputation & could cost me future business/income… certainly t-mobile understands the serious implications if this impacts my business & we discover that t-mobile is at fault.

Badge

That is very frustrating. I finally found a rep that was able to help me. I appreciated the others but everything they did didn’t work. He said he reset the location of the phone and also I ended up purging all my deleted voicemails and the combination of this did the trick. Try this and hopefully it will work for you. Keep us updated on what happens. 

Its been 3 weeks since I last received a voicemail either thru message or text. We have called and called spoken to different techs been on the phone for three hours with them. Gone to a local tmobile, tried new phones and downloaded visual voicemails and nothing works. No one seems to help. We need voicemails as this is an emergency based phone. How do we get the voicemails to start again. We have called and it keeps saying no voicemails in your inbox and we leave a bunch of them. Help!!! We may jump to another carrier 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Its been 3 weeks since I last received a voicemail either thru message or text. We have called and called spoken to different techs been on the phone for three hours with them. Gone to a local tmobile, tried new phones and downloaded visual voicemails and nothing works. No one seems to help. We need voicemails as this is an emergency based phone. How do we get the voicemails to start again. We have called and it keeps saying no voicemails in your inbox and we leave a bunch of them. Help!!! We may jump to another carrier 

the highlighted above points right at the issue being on the TMO side and not the device or sim card side of things. this is something they must fix internally on the TMO side.

you might opt to contact TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter..lands you with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support agents.

I will try TMO on FB but what is the garuantee that they will give me the appropriate tier? Im so exhausted with calling and going to systems via fone

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the highlighted above points right at the issue being on the TMO side and not the device or sim card side of things. this is something they must fix internally on the TMO side.

you might opt to contact TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter lands you with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support agents.

lands you with=you start with