Question

Voicemails being "Deposited into text"

• 20 March 2021
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Our family recently transferred to T-mobile.  We all have iPhone 12 Max.  

Since transferring to T-Mobile all of our voicemails we receive are also being “deposited” into our texts.

I have searched the internet, T-mobile site, and this community trying my. best to find out how to stop this from happening.

Does anyone know how to stop this.  It is filling up my phone storage!

34 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes! Yes! This is annoying, not least because the transcriptions are almost always laughably wrong. Somebody tell us how to make this stop. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

It seems Verizon offers this same feature and they’ve provided their customers with instructions for disabling it:

“You can add or remove Voicemail to Text for iPhone on the Add-ons and apps page in My Verizon or the Account tab of the My Verizon app. Just follow the prompts.”

I’ve looked in Account/Add-ons in the T-Mobile app, but can’t find any reference to Voicemail To Text. 

Please, somebody make it stop!

Userlevel 3
Badge

For iOS duplicate VVT notifications update your service to add on the $0 VVT block feature in the T-Mobile app, online through My T-Mobile.

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab
Click “Profile settings” link
Select “Block calls and messages”
Select “Block Other” on the line you wish to update
Turn on “T-Mobile Voicemail to Text Block”

You're welcome.

I did the above and will await the outcome.  Thanks for making this information available.  I looked at this online but I wasn’t able to determine if this was the solution that I wanted or not.  Tech speak doesn’t always work for us civilians.  

!For iOS duplicate VVT notifications update your service to add on the $0 VVT block feature in the T-Mobile app, online through My T-Mobile.

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab

You're welcome.

FYI. I called 611 and got the “expert” from out of town who had no idea about this feature and tried to get me to make changes to my iPhone’s visual voicemail app. Train your damned people!

This worked for me! Not sure why it just started a few days ago I never opted for it but whatever this fixed thank you so much!

I experienced this same random hijacking of voicemails which were being transcribed incomprehensible text messages. In addition, there is no actual voicemail to listen to anywhere that I can find. There is a “Click here” number in the text that is not working link. I don’t understand what T-Mobile is intending with this ridiculous feature. It is either fatally non-functioning, or just useless. 

OMG me toooo!!!!! I found this page after I spent the morning on with 611 technical support from t-mobile because my calls were being dropped also. They resolved it but then had trouble figuring out why suddenly I was receiving texts from people as their voicemail before the voicemail even came in. Took a few trail and errors but they were able to disable the voicemail to text on their end (and only have normal voicemail transcribed like before in the voicemail section) and it worked (but took a lot of time).

But I read this after and this is obviously the quicker solution so I also changed the settings just in case also in the app. 

Here is the post written that works from tech_support07Helper

tech_support07Helper 
For iOS duplicate VVT notifications update your service to add on the $0 VVT block feature in the T-Mobile app, online through My T-Mobile.

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab

You're welcome” 

Thank you tech_support07Helper

OMG THANK YOU!!!

This just started on my old LG Aristo 2 phone! Thank you all for your input experiences. I'm not crazy! 🙃

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab

You're welcome.

Thank you so much, that was a super annoying and completely unwanted feature!

The fact that this “feature” even exists and needs to be explicitly turned off is ridiculous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

even funnier is the fact that this is something that you usually must opt into and not just auto added to everyones account.

I have been able to turn the voicemail messages off for the primary line, but how do I do it for the rest of the lines in my family plan? As soon as I click on ‘Block Calls and Messages’ it takes me to my main line, even though I have selected another line in the ‘Profile Settings’ page. 

Thanks in advance. 

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab

You're welcome.

EZPZ when you know how. Thanks!

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab

You're welcome.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. When I turn on “T-Mobile Voicemail to Text Block”, I still get the annoying text, but no longer get an actual voicemail I can listen to. Why T-Mobile? WHY?! ☹️

Hi, 

The solution posted above is correct. I have one small clarification to the instructions, as of 8/24/2022 (it is in bold).

In the T-Mobile app:

Open “Account” tab

Select “Block Scam Calls and chargeable content” 

Select (if necessary) the number you wish to update

Unfortunately, it’s still not working for me.  I followed the instructions & tried everything including updating the app & also tried it in my online account on my desktop. I even re-booted my iPhone.  I’m still getting the deposited a message texts. T-mobile, this is not a feature, it’s a bug. An annoying, irritating bug that no one asked for. Please make it stop!😡

This doesn’t work for me--I’ve had this set this way for a long time. The text transcription text messages started coming through a couple of weeks ago and they hadn’t been. And it seems to delay Apple’s voicemail and Apple’s transcription. I called 611 on Friday and was told it had been fixed. It has not.

I just started having this issue. It seems that Voicemail to Text is now a feature on the MAX plan but I am not on the MAX plan and still getting these texts. Voicemails stopped coming into the voicemail tab on the phone. I’ll call tomorrow and see what info I get. 

We transferred to T-Mobile a while ago and had this problem, found the solution online and that fixed it- at least for a few months. Now with no change on my end I’m getting all my voicemails as texts again. I went into the T-Mobile app thinking that maybe the setting had been changed but it is set correctly. Does anyone have any further suggestions as to how to disable this “feature”? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you cant go into the app itself and opt out of it? im able to go into my VM settings and select to turn it off and on. settings-voice transcriptions-turn them off?

are these phones purchased directly from TMO or brought in  from another carrier or purchased directly from the OEM and then the VM app was downloaded from the play store?

We bought the phones from T-Mobile and had the guy there do all the setup - except for the option to disable text message for voicemails which we didn’t know was a default “feature” provide by T-Mobile. As I said, when I noticed what was happening, I googled, and found the solution listed above and tried it and it worked. Now, it is no longer working but in the app, T-Mobile Voicemail to Text Block is still On. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

go into the VM app and top right will be 3 dots.click that and go into settings. go to voicemail transcription..are either of the two options in there turned on? if so turn them off.