Solved

Warehouse "never received" my trade-in device

• 12 December 2020
  • 45 replies

Badge

I used the trade-in offer for my Iphone X 64GB for the IPhone 12 Pro Max in retail, which the product was mailed to me a week after. The same day that I received the new phone, I had dropped the trade-in phone (IPhone X) to USPS. On December 2, my tracking depicted that it had arrived at the warehouse.

A week later I never got the rebate I was told I would receive and I decided to call them. They said there would be an investigation in which 5 days later (December 10) I received an email that they did not have any information that they received the trade-in. I clearly did return it, so what am I supposed to do now. I am still receiving messages that I have to return the phone despite messaging the team multiple times. All their responses were to wait. This is making me go insane.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 4 February 2021, 21:33

View original

45 replies

I have currently encountered similar issue with the T-Mobile, when I got my order iPhone 12 Pro Max with 128 gb, I changed my mind and requested to upgrade to iPhone 12 Pro Max but with 256gb. My bill has charged me for both phones, so I contacted the T Mobile.

Even the tracking record indicated it was delivered to the T Mo warehouse within a week, the experts at the T-Mo stated the warehouse did not find the returned devise at the warehouse in Texas, an investigation has been open ten days ago, has not located it.

As a customer, I have followed the return instructions by T-Mo but what happened during transit and upon arrived destination was out really of my control.

Anyone has better ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The warehouse in Lewisville, TX belongs to Assurant.  If they claim they don't have it and yet you have proof they received it.  Then call T-Mobile and have the device blacklisted.  I would also call USPS and have them open up an investigation as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Maybe this won’t sound like the best option for those wanting to trade-in devices, but I traded in a Note 9 for the OnePlus 8T promo.  Not trusting USPS because of the backlog they have.  I paid to have it shipped in via UPS and make sure that it was insured for the amount of the trade-in value and that a signature was required by the recipient for the package to be delivered.  Don’t let them try to tell you the ZIP Code is different, like they tried with me.  The address that T-Mobile sends you is correct!  It is easier to track and my Note 9 got there, was inspected, and I am being issued the trade-in value and getting the promo benefit as well.  Literally, 3 day ground shipment with everything being done in 5 days.  That, in my opinion, is a little peace of mind that was worth around $20.  

In defense of the USPS, they are still swamped from the elections and the holiday season.  T-Mobile should request that a signature be required for all packages received by Assurant, just to further add a level of security for us, the customers!  T-Mobile definitely needs to address devices going missing, whether it is the fault of USPS or Assurant.  It happens way too often to be uncommon and the IMEI’s processed for trade-in that are not received, should be added to the blacklisted devices list!

My issue is unique, I was not returning old phone trade-in, I returned a brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max with 128 gb storage, the return warehouse location was Fort Worth, Texas shipped by UPS, Most other trade-in were mailed to Lewisville, Texas warehouse location, shipping by USPS.

I also got a copy of Proof of Delivery by UPS office with a TMO-GRC signature, how T Mobile claimed it was not found at the Fort Worth, Texas was beyond me, how anyone could explain to me what could have happened

Same exact thing is happening to me!! My tracking numbers are confirmed delivered to ft worth, tx and received by TMO GRC. I am out 3 phones that I sent in, all have confirmed tracking numbers yet tmobile claims they can't verify the IMEI's therefore not giving me my trade in credits!

I am having the same exact problem i sent my phone Dec 29 they recieved January 5th and i have been calling since, They said they cannot find the phone so no rebate no credit,  We have to do something about this because at this point its theft. Now verizon has sent me to collections becuase i didnt pay the phone. This absolutlet unfair. and something needs to be done, They are not taking any accountabilty

I have had the worse experience ever with  replacement phone, from the start, it was bad. My husband sent 2 original phones back but they say I  still owe for 1. This has been going on sine August.  He called and was told , yes they have the missing phone. Someone didn't log it in and it would be taken off the bill. 2 months later, I the charge shows up. Same thing, it was supposed to be taken off the bill but it still hasn't.  I thought I was the only one. I think now it is just a scam to get more money. I asked that they must be able to track this phone. Now I have to "be patient " while the situation is resolved.  I am told it will be. I have no confidence that it will. Any advice?

Honestly I doubt they’ll track it, they had told me they submitted various request and they all came back as if they never received package when the framing stated they did, then they said we have the box but no item. The supervisor said whatever it is you sent ! I kept saying not whatever I sent my phone ! And he just kept wording it as if I sent something other than the phone. I think we should all get together and sue t mobile, they have done this to soo many clients and it’s just blows my mind that there’s no superior to the supervisor who will look into it .. this is what I won’t even upgrade my phone at this point !!! Email me if you can .. cartagenaemily@gmail.com 

My issue is unique, I was not returning old phone trade-in, I returned a brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max with 128 gb storage, the return warehouse location was Fort Worth, Texas shipped by UPS, Most other trade-in were mailed to Lewisville, Texas warehouse location, shipping by USPS.

I also got a copy of Proof of Delivery by UPS office with a TMO-GRC signature, how T Mobile claimed it was not found at the Fort Worth, Texas was beyond me, how anyone could explain to me what could have happened 

I Am facing the same issue. Did you get it resolved?

Hello no it’s been almost a year and they haven’t resolved anything, not have they tried compensating in any other way … I just spoke to someone this weekend in hopes of getting something resolved !! They’re blaming the delivery company at this point !!  Ridiculous 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Did you ever call in and ask that a handset research form be done?

Yes they submitted multiple times for that to be done and supposedly they can find anything 

I returned my 5 (paid-off) iPhone 11’s to T-Mobile to take advantage of the iPhone 13 upgrade promotion over the holidays. After receiving the iPhone 13’s, I returned all 5 of the iPhone 11s in same box.  T-Mobile processed one of my phones for the promotion, but are telling me that they didn’t receive the other 4.  This is NOT POSSIBLE when they were all sent in the same box and they processed 1 of them.  I’ve now spent over 10 hours on the phone with them trying to get this straightened out and they still haven’t given me my credit for the other 4 phones!  So either someone in their warehouse is a thief or they are lying!  Either way the customer service regarding this situation has been HORRENDOUS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I returned my 5 (paid-off) iPhone 11’s to T-Mobile to take advantage of the iPhone 13 upgrade promotion over the holidays. After receiving the iPhone 13’s, I returned all 5 of the iPhone 11s in same box.  T-Mobile processed one of my phones for the promotion, but are telling me that they didn’t receive the other 4.  This is NOT POSSIBLE when they were all sent in the same box and they processed 1 of them.

I couldn’t find a definite answer, but it appears each phone has to be sent in separately, as the mailing label only applies to one specific phone.  So when the mailing label gets scanned, only that one phone gets credited.  Who knows what happens with the additional phones.

T Mobile lost my trade in phone and I lost the promotion as well! My UPS tracking says it was delivered. They tried to claim that I sent it late, then that they couldn’t find it at all. Then they eventually got the box but not the phone. The story keeps changing!! My father also has the same issue and we have different account. He had the same iPhone 13 trade deal and they “can’t locate” the phone. He also got an Apple Watch on a promotion and it doesn’t even reflect on the account.

This is definitely rigged.  At this point this is a common issue, if not a scam. And the scary part is nothing can be done. Ive spent hours and hours over the past weeks on the phone and nothing.This makes you question the security. I believe it’s a scam and legal action should and will be taken. If anyone else has been given a conclusion please let me know!! 

This happened to me as well - I’m with Helmel - it’s just convenient for them to “lose” it and revoke the credits.  Word to the wise, just don’t do trade-ins with Tmobile.

Same situation is happening to me right now. And I think my case is even more unfair.. and the best word to describe my situation is ..ROBERY... this is a robery... on Nov 26 I took the promotion that they had for black Friday.. I was supposed to trade my galaxy S9 and I took the S21.. they took my order over the phone ( by the way I have 3 lines.. 3 phones; 1 galaxy s20 and 2 s9) .. couple days later I recieve the phone and I tranfer all the Info to the new phone and I was ready to send the s9 over. I called and tmobile send me the label .. I printed and I went to the mail office and send it. .. wait couple of day... and I called to make sure they received by Dec 5 or 6th.. the customer service agent told me they did receive it and everything  was ok.OK..  my bill for December and January I saw the credit reflected on my account.... but for Feb I noticed they were charging my bill without the credit..  I've been calling and spending hours over the phone explaining the situation and they ended up saying ... ohh we recieved an s9 Blue and the order says purple.. ( they put the wrong info on the returned.. instead of putting the s9 information of the phone I was calling and wanted to trade.. they did the order on my oder phone the one that I called even though I told that person that day that I wanted to trade in the s9 blue)... now they are saying you need to pay for the phone... I told them fine let's say it's my fault for not reading the returning label and putting wrong phone requested on the label.... when are u going to give me my phone back.. the one that I sent ... they said SORRY WE CANT GIVE YOU THAT PHONE BACK... I went ballistic.. that's the most cynical way of scamming ppl... this is theft... So.. they want to charge me the full amount of the phone and on top they will keep my old phone even though they admitted is their fault from the beginning.. we should all get together.. I'm going to post this on all social media.. we should do a chain- posting on Twitter.. fb and Instagram... this is my email Davidrodas@msn.com.. Check out David Rodas (@DavidTheSpartac): https://twitter.com/DavidTheSpartac?t=UQy_85e98BjI3HKU4HUoFg&s=08

I am ALSO a victim of Tmobile’s SCAM. I did two trade-ins in December and thought all was good until I stopped giving my trade-in credit. First time I called they said the warehouse might have misplaced it and they needed to search for it… NEVER got back to me.. Next time I called and the supervisor accused me of sending in an empty box. Next, I called they said the IMEI was never found at the warehouse therefore it’s MY FAULT and I never sent them a phone. NOW they’re accusing USPS WTF This is so ridiculous..!!!

I have read too many similar stories which means we are being targeted and scammed for hundreds of dollars worth. I am on board to get on any legal action. PLEASE email me as well to join in on this - andrea-savin@hotmail.com.

I am having the same exact problem i sent my phone Dec 29 they recieved January 5th and i have been calling since, They said they cannot find the phone so no rebate no credit,  We have to do something about this because at this point its theft. Now verizon has sent me to collections becuase i didnt pay the phone. This absolutlet unfair. and something needs to be done, They are not taking any accountabilty

Please report Tmobile on here - https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line If we all do this together it might get their attention 

I have had the worse experience ever with  replacement phone, from the start, it was bad. My husband sent 2 original phones back but they say I  still owe for 1. This has been going on sine August.  He called and was told , yes they have the missing phone. Someone didn't log it in and it would be taken off the bill. 2 months later, I the charge shows up. Same thing, it was supposed to be taken off the bill but it still hasn't.  I thought I was the only one. I think now it is just a scam to get more money. I asked that they must be able to track this phone. Now I have to "be patient " while the situation is resolved.  I am told it will be. I have no confidence that it will. Any advice?

Please report Tmobile on here - https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line If we all do this together it might get their attention 

I returned my 5 (paid-off) iPhone 11’s to T-Mobile to take advantage of the iPhone 13 upgrade promotion over the holidays. After receiving the iPhone 13’s, I returned all 5 of the iPhone 11s in same box.  T-Mobile processed one of my phones for the promotion, but are telling me that they didn’t receive the other 4.  This is NOT POSSIBLE when they were all sent in the same box and they processed 1 of them.  I’ve now spent over 10 hours on the phone with them trying to get this straightened out and they still haven’t given me my credit for the other 4 phones!  So either someone in their warehouse is a thief or they are lying!  Either way the customer service regarding this situation has been HORRENDOUS.

T Mobile lost my trade in phone and I lost the promotion as well! My UPS tracking says it was delivered. They tried to claim that I sent it late, then that they couldn’t find it at all. Then they eventually got the box but not the phone. The story keeps changing!! My father also has the same issue and we have different account. He had the same iPhone 13 trade deal and they “can’t locate” the phone. He also got an Apple Watch on a promotion and it doesn’t even reflect on the account.

This is definitely rigged.  At this point this is a common issue, if not a scam. And the scary part is nothing can be done. Ive spent hours and hours over the past weeks on the phone and nothing.This makes you question the security. I believe it’s a scam and legal action should and will be taken. If anyone else has been given a conclusion please let me know!! 

This happened to me as well - I’m with Helmel - it’s just convenient for them to “lose” it and revoke the credits.  Word to the wise, just don’t do trade-ins with Tmobile.

Same situation is happening to me right now. And I think my case is even more unfair.. and the best word to describe my situation is ..ROBERY... this is a robery... on Nov 26 I took the promotion that they had for black Friday.. I was supposed to trade my galaxy S9 and I took the S21.. they took my order over the phone ( by the way I have 3 lines.. 3 phones; 1 galaxy s20 and 2 s9) .. couple days later I recieve the phone and I tranfer all the Info to the new phone and I was ready to send the s9 over. I called and tmobile send me the label .. I printed and I went to the mail office and send it. .. wait couple of day... and I called to make sure they received by Dec 5 or 6th.. the customer service agent told me they did receive it and everything  was ok.OK..  my bill for December and January I saw the credit reflected on my account.... but for Feb I noticed they were charging my bill without the credit..  I've been calling and spending hours over the phone explaining the situation and they ended up saying ... ohh we recieved an s9 Blue and the order says purple.. ( they put the wrong info on the returned.. instead of putting the s9 information of the phone I was calling and wanted to trade.. they did the order on my oder phone the one that I called even though I told that person that day that I wanted to trade in the s9 blue)... now they are saying you need to pay for the phone... I told them fine let's say it's my fault for not reading the returning label and putting wrong phone requested on the label.... when are u going to give me my phone back.. the one that I sent ... they said SORRY WE CANT GIVE YOU THAT PHONE BACK... I went ballistic.. that's the most cynical way of scamming ppl... this is theft... So.. they want to charge me the full amount of the phone and on top they will keep my old phone even though they admitted is their fault from the beginning.. we should all get together.. I'm going to post this on all social media.. we should do a chain- posting on Twitter.. fb and Instagram... this is my email Davidrodas@msn.com.. Check out David Rodas (@DavidTheSpartac): https://twitter.com/DavidTheSpartac?t=UQy_85e98BjI3HKU4HUoFg&s=08

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

PLEASE email me as well to join in on this - andrea-savin@hotmail.com.

Please report Tmobile on here - https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line If we all do this together it might get their attention.

Please report Tmobile on here - https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line If we all do this together it might get their attention.

Talk about a broken record!