Solved

Warehouse "never received" my trade-in device

• 12 December 2020
  • 45 replies

Badge

I used the trade-in offer for my Iphone X 64GB for the IPhone 12 Pro Max in retail, which the product was mailed to me a week after. The same day that I received the new phone, I had dropped the trade-in phone (IPhone X) to USPS. On December 2, my tracking depicted that it had arrived at the warehouse.

A week later I never got the rebate I was told I would receive and I decided to call them. They said there would be an investigation in which 5 days later (December 10) I received an email that they did not have any information that they received the trade-in. I clearly did return it, so what am I supposed to do now. I am still receiving messages that I have to return the phone despite messaging the team multiple times. All their responses were to wait. This is making me go insane.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 4 February 2021, 21:33

View original

45 replies

PLEASE email me as well to join in on this - andrea-savin@hotmail.com.

Please report Tmobile on here - https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line If we all do this together it might get their attention.

Please report Tmobile on here - https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line If we all do this together it might get their attention.

Talk about a broken record!

Funny! Have you received your trade in credit yet? No? Well my broken record got a call from Tmobile about my claim. Have fun with your whining.

PLEASE email me as well to join in on this - andrea-savin@hotmail.com.

Talk about a broken record!

Wow.. sorry for spamming you with a solution. Will delete all and you can help yourself.. ha

Badge

I used the trade-in offer for my Iphone X 64GB for the IPhone 12 Pro Max in retail, which the product was mailed to me a week after. The same day that I received the new phone, I had dropped the trade-in phone (IPhone X) to USPS. On December 2, my tracking depicted that it had arrived at the warehouse.

A week later I never got the rebate I was told I would receive and I decided to call them. They said there would be an investigation in which 5 days later (December 10) I received an email that they did not have any information that they received the trade-in. I clearly did return it, so what am I supposed to do now. I am still receiving messages that I have to return the phone despite messaging the team multiple times. All their responses were to wait. This is making me go insane.

Wow, a similar thing is happening to me currently, sounds like T-Mobile has a nice scam they are running…

I never recieved a shipping lable to send in my trade in. My trade in value is only $175 but if i dont send in the trade in am i gonna have to pay the full amount of the phone upfront. I cant for the life of me get them on the phone i have called to tell them i need a shipping lable and they arent helping at all

I sent my defective device back on June 12 and it was delivered on June 17 to the warehouse in Fort Worth. I received a letter from TMobile saying they are going to charge me the $899 return fee if I didn’t send the device back. Like I mentioned I mailed it on June 12 and they told me the last time my imei number was used was on June 13 but claiming I didn’t send my phone back or that the box was empty because my imei number wasn’t scanned in no time warehouse. I asked if it was possible that maybe they didn’t scan it and the rep told me that was highly unlikely. Every time I talked to a rep they kept telling to rest assured that my account would be credited but instead I got a disconnect text so I ended up having to pay the $899. I feel like I’m being takin advantage of. 

I sent my defective device back on June 12 and it was delivered on June 17 to the warehouse in Fort Worth. I received a letter from TMobile saying they are going to charge me the $899 return fee if I didn’t send the device back. Like I mentioned I mailed it on June 12 and they told me the last time my imei number was used was on June 13 but claiming I didn’t send my phone back or that the box was empty because my imei number wasn’t scanned in no time warehouse. I asked if it was possible that maybe they didn’t scan it and the rep told me that was highly unlikely. Every time I talked to a rep they kept telling to rest assured that my account would be credited but instead I got a disconnect text so I ended up having to pay the $899. I feel like I’m being takin advantage of. 

That's exactly how I feel. Received my replacement device on June 6th and shipped the defective device immediately after activating my new one. Tracking said the phone was delivered on June 10th 2022, about a month and a half later I get a message saying they never received the device. They've done about 6 handset research investigation all claiming they can't find it. So now they want me to pay $800+ for a phone I 10000% shipped. This is looking like a scam to get costumers to pay. 

The warehouse in Lewisville, TX belongs to Assurant.  If they claim they don't have it and yet you have proof they received it.  Then call T-Mobile and have the device blacklisted.  I would also call USPS and have them open up an investigation as well. 

What will this solve? Ups proved it was delivered and I'm still being forced to pay $800+

@tomwil i have the same issue I traded in my iphone SE and they confirmed they received it. My iphone was in great condition thankfully i have video and pictures before i mail it to tmobile. Now I called them after few tries over the past 6 months and they tell me your device was wet and we detected liquid so we cant give you a trade in amount of $250!!!!! I submitted a report and scheduled a call with a coach ( senior manager). This is ridiculous and I will switch carrier if  they want to do this fraud. 

The same thing is happening to me!!! I took my phone to the store, after inspection and everything was fine, they went to do the trade-in, but the IMEI was incorrect so they told me to call customer service which I did, and got an email for the prepaid label. I then put the phone and a note explaining that the IMEI was wrong in a box and mailed it with the provided prepaid label.

It’s been 1 MONTH since the USPS tracking STATED THAT IT WAS DELIVERED. I called in and was told that they DID NOT SEE THAT IT WAS SCANNED INTO THEIR SYSTEM THEN IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN RECEIVED and told me to file a claim with USPS! This is a FRAUD!!!!

We experienced the same problem. I received a replacement phone through Assurant and sent the non working phone back with the label and  tracking number provided via UPS. They claim the phone never arrived at their end, even though the scan shows it arrived in Ft Worth TX at the TMobile facility. Now they are telling me I owe 1400 dollars because tracking numbers can’t be used as proof of delivery. 🤔 Needless to say, I am not paying this bill and will be looking for a different provider.

Please ensure that all communication documentation is retained by everyone involved. Our intention is to explore the possibility of engaging a lawyer for potential legal action as a class. We find the situation at hand highly unacceptable and regard it as an evident scam.

I am facing a similar issue with my phone trade-in. After bringing my phone to the store for inspection and verification, everything seemed fine until they discovered that the IMEI was incorrect. I was advised to contact customer service, which I did, and they provided me with a prepaid label via email. I securely packaged the phone along with a note explaining the incorrect IMEI and mailed it back using the provided prepaid label.

It has now been a month since the USPS tracking confirmed the delivery of the package. Upon contacting T-Mobile, I was informed that they do not see any record of the package being scanned into their system. Therefore, they suggest filing a claim with USPS. This situation is deeply frustrating and feels like a fraudulent act. T-Mobile utilized a third-party service called Assurance, and they appear to be confident in their belief that the item was either not received or that I sent an empty box. It is disheartening that the blame is being shifted onto the customer or USPS without taking responsibility for any potential human error on their part.

I request that T-Mobile thoroughly investigate this matter and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to rectify the situation. Your prompt attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Please ensure that all communication documentation is retained by everyone involved. Our intention is to explore the possibility of engaging a lawyer for potential legal action as a class. We find the situation at hand highly unacceptable and regard it as an evident scam.

This sound like it's a Assurant scam or someone in warehouse stealing the Phones 📱  it just happened to me last month October 11-2023 they received package but said no phone returned this is Bs now they charging almost $700 for a defective phone stay away from T-mobile Assurant insurance not safe trust me

It's just happened to me same story 10-11-2023 package arrived but supposedly no device in this is Bs they blaming usps 

Badge

T-Mobile sued after employee stole nude images from customer phone during trade-in, https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/t-mobile-sued-after-employee-stole-nude-images-from-phone.html

Why not sue them again, if you have experiences in these trade-in lost or scams?

First time happing to us but same issue.  For the past couple of years we have bought and traded in our phone online. No problem.

This time we received the new phone.  I boxed up the trade in and correctly packaged and labeled it like I always have.  I tracked the box until it showed delivered to Dallas TX.  2 months later the trade in phone was never checked in at the warehouse.  After 5 phone calls to T-Mobile I was finally told I would have to file a claim with the USPS to recover my money from the trade in phone.  Meanwhile the charges for the traded in phone continue to appear on my bill.  I will never mail in a phone again.

Badge

First time happing to us but same issue.  For the past couple of years we have bought and traded in our phone online. No problem.

This time we received the new phone.  I boxed up the trade in and correctly packaged and labeled it like I always have.  I tracked the box until it showed delivered to Dallas TX.  2 months later the trade in phone was never checked in at the warehouse.  After 5 phone calls to T-Mobile I was finally told I would have to file a claim with the USPS to recover my money from the trade in phone.  Meanwhile the charges for the traded in phone continue to appear on my bill.  I will never mail in a phone again.

I used their label, where there is a USPS tracking. The USPS tracking showed that it was delivered.

I contacted T-Mobile and they started a case for investigation. Within 10 days, the issue was solved, and they sent the credits to me

I submitted an incident to https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/integrity-line earlier today for my trade in phone that was “lost” in transit.  I labeled the incident as fraudulent behavior.

They have already contacted me trying to resolve the issue.

andreasav1 may be on to something.

This is been happening to too many for too long.

Be an advocate for yourself and tell the customer service rep you believe you’re being scammed and that they do have your phone. I had the same issue except I was receiving the trade in credit for two months and then it went away. I did a lot of research and found people having similar issues so I called customer service and basically demanded that they adjust my bill to reflect the trade in credit and the representative ended up adjusting my bill. She also told me that they believe there was damage with my iPhone and someone was going to call me back within the next month to tell me what happened (side note: I had already heard from a store rep that the warehouse was saying they never received my trade in decide). Five hours later I got a call at 8:30pm with a representative from the warehouse investigation team saying my device was nowhere to be found and that they couldn’t do anything. She proceeded to say the only solution was to file a claim with UPS. Luckily, I had already looked into filing a claim with UPS but UPS doesn’t allow you to file a claim after 60 days (this is now 70+ days after my device was delivered). I responded to the customer service agent very sternly telling her the info about a UPS claim and that I’m now stuck in this position where nothing can be done. I continued on to say that I believed T-Mobile has my device and they’re lying to me and scamming not only me but many other people. I told her I found this page and many other posts about people running into the same problem. The minute I mentioned scam she “conveniently” found my phone.

MY ADVICE: if you have proof from UPS of delivery and it’s a couple months later, be an advocate for yourself. Tell them you believe you’re being scammed and that they have your phone. I’d be curious to know how many people will all of a sudden get an answer that their phone has been found when they mention this information.