Question

Why can't I set up Apple Pay to pay my autopay bill?

Badge +1

Here is what I have done:

Made the Apple Card my default card in my Apple Pay Wallet

Opened TMobile app on my iphone

Chose  “Bill” from the choices at the bottom of the screen

Scrolled all the way down the screen and chose “Autopay on”

Selected “Payment method”

Checked the Apple Pay check box

Selected “Select payment method”

Selected “agree and submit”

NOW the “Double click to pay” screen comes up expecting me to double click the side button (IS THIS WHAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING?)

When I DO double click the side button, I get a “payment not complete” message at the bottom of the screen and it then changes to another screen which says “Oops, we’re having a little trouble.” This has been happening to me for 3 days now. If I go into my Wallet and look at the Apple card transactions I do see a “pending” 1 cent hold for each time I have attempted this (7 times now). None have changed from a “pending status.” They each do say that I’d get 3% cash back if this had gone through. I then tried all this by merely putting my Apple Card account number as my Tmobile default credit card and it did make a payment and set the Apple Card as my default payment card for my Tmobile auto pay bills,  but that only gave me 1% cash back. Obviously that way isn’t using Apple Pay, but just using its Apple Card. I’d LIKE to get the 3% back and apparently the only way to do this is by using Apple Pay with the Apple Card as its default card.

What am I doing wrong? What’s with this “Oops, we’re having a little trouble” message?

13 replies

I am having the exact same issue. Tried chatting with customer service but they wanted to escalate to technical support and I didn’t have time to talk since I was at work. Let me know if you find any fixes, I’ll do the same.

Badge +1

So far, no luck. Customer service seems to have no clue.

Badge +1

Still nothing…

To add to this, I have been in chat with them for 5 days now with a different but related billing issue. Each time it took over 2 hours, and each time I got different responses from the reps, some totally and completely contradicting what I was told by another rep the previous day or days prior. I’ve even had supervisors ASSURE me of things that later turned out to be totally wrong according to the credit card postings from the credit card companies.

I feel awful because I had been very happy with T-Mobile until now. But it seems that no matter how many times I ask for their help, and it’s been close to 8 or 9 times in the past year, I have never once had anything resolved….ever! I’ve had to either live with the issue or find a way on my own to try and resolve it.

Same thing here. getting the 1 cent hold but won’t complete the autopay setup. Seems like it’s not ready for primetime, but I could pay the monthly bill outright with Apple Pay.

That “oops We’re having a little problem” is still there. - 7/17/2021

Same exact issue. I started a chat/convo with customer service but they were not helpful, the person offered to have me input my card info into a form so they could process it themselves (which defeats the purpose of doing this to begin with, since it wouldn’t qualify for 3%). 

Same issue for me. Customer service had no idea how to troubleshoot. They even called Apple who confirmed there’s no problem with the card or Pay.  

I even switched to a different (non-Apple) card in Pay and same issue on T-Mobile’s site. I’m able to shop online using Pay with either card, just not T-Mobile. I think it’s clear where the problem lies. 

As others have pointed out, I think it’s poor that this problem has been going on for weeks and T-Mobile’s customer service seems not to know about it  

same thing here but as of  yesterday (aug 31st 2021)  there’s no longer the  “Apple Pay” selection . Just bank accounts and credit card information. 

Considering that their chats and call centers are swamped after the last data breach, wondering if anybody will ever share additional financial information at this moment 

I’m glad I’m not alone. When I look at the bill section, it says auto pay is on. When I actually go into the auto pay settings it says it is off. Trying to turn it on says “Oops. We’re having a little trouble.” 

I reached out to CS via Twitter. They recommend I wait a few days since my account is brand new. The form customer service sent didn’t fix the issue and they could see it on their end. 

I think I’ll have them put in a tech support ticket. 

This is indeed frustrating. I have experienced all of what everyone has said. I had previously setup AutoPay with Apply Pay successfully. I think only in August did it “fail” for some unknown reason and then AutoPay was disconnected (thanks TMo). And now just like others have stated AutoPay with Apple Pay is no longer an option. Is this TMo’s solution to keep people from asking? This really sucks. Get it fixed TMo. It used to work for quite a few months so I don’t understand why it cannot keep working. Fix it!

I cam across this thread recently but I found the solution.

The only way to earn 3% cash back on your apple card is to have it set up in wallet and apple pay. When you make the payment to T-Mobile, you cannot have it set up as default, however you can make a Manual payment and the option for apple pay is there.

Bill>Make a Payment>Payment Methods>Apple Pay

Hope this helps ? lol

Man what a work around. You have to turn off auto pay and make a manual payment. I hope some dev’s are reading this. This is a great way to have someone go delinquent on an account

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Man what a work around. You have to turn off auto pay and make a manual payment. I hope some dev’s are reading this. This is a great way to have someone go delinquent on an account

You also need to weigh in any loss of autopay discount to get the 3% is worth it.