Question

Why is my iPad Air 3rd gen data rate slower than my iPhone 7 Plus on T-Mobile's network?

• 25 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Why is my iPad Air 3rd gen data rate slower than my iPhone 7 Plus on T-Mobile's network?  While my residence doesn't acquire band 71 (600 mHz), it does seem to get band 12 (700 mHz).  Nonetheless, my iPhone 7 Plus manages to outspeed my Ipad Air 3rd generation in terms of data received.  I'm using the Ookla applications on my iPhone and iPad to measure data.  In any case, regardless of where I'm located my iPhone outdoes my iPad Air.

3 replies

A bit after I posted my initial question I went to within about a thousand feet from a new band 12 T-Mobile tower near Smokey Point (Marysville), Washington.  Despite what one might think, my 7 Plus iPhone is again outperforming the iPad Air 3rd gen fairly significantly in terms of data speed.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We totally want you get the fastest speed possible. Have you tried the steps on our Internet and data issues | T-MOBILE SUPPORT page? What speeds are you getting when you run the test?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi again.

Please check out the link I posted above and see if that helps out. Thanks.