Solved

How to get receipt/bill for prepaid T Mobile payment ?

• 14 February 2016
  • 14 replies

Hi,

I made a payment for my prepaid T mobile account few days back. I got an email notification saying my payment has been made, however, there is no place I could get a receipt for the payment made. I spoke to the payment agent and he said there is no way T mobile could provide a receipt for payments made for recharge account. I'm surprised that in USA that T mobile could charge my card and still not provide receipt. Could any of you folks help ?

My expenses are borne by my employer and I need a receipt for every payment made. Failing to do so will result in me paying for the expenses. Kindly help. 

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 14 February 2016, 17:30

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @shanmuga‌.

The best way for prepaid customers to get a receipt would be to make the purchase in the store and have the sales rep there print one out for you. There isn't a way to print one if you made the payment any other way.

Hey @shanmuga‌.

The best way for prepaid customers to get a receipt would be to make the purchase in the store and have the sales rep there print one out for you. There isn't a way to print one if you made the payment any other way.

Does the receipt in the store have the address information on it?

Badge

Hey @shanmuga‌.

Does the receipt in the store have the address information on it?

I want to ask it too. Did you receive the receipt with the address information?

Badge

they might print you a cash register receipt.

but i need an actual billing statement.

there must be one. how to obtain it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

According to the terms and conditions prepaid plans don’t have detailed billing.

That’s why they can keep the rates cheap.

Badge

According to the terms and conditions prepaid plans don’t have detailed billing

Oh, it’s in there? Okay, thanks.

Not sure if that makes sense that we cant generate a detailed receipt of payment made on prepaid number. What is the challenge in providing this feature which is useful to thousands of Tmobile customers. Even I have prepaid connection and need to reimburse telephone charges from my employer. for this I need to drive 4 miles to a Tmobile store every month and stand in Q for 30 min to refill and get the detailed receipt. In this digital world isn’t it Ridiculous ?  

Hope Tmobile reps will see these concerns and will provide us the feature to get detailed receipt for online payments.

Badge

for this I need to drive 4 miles to a Tmobile store every month and stand in Q for 30 min to refill and get the detailed receipt.

Do you mean I can actually get the receipt at a store?

My point was about paying from my bank (using account number from the bill) instead of putting my CC# in @ the TM site (where it can be stolen or something).

Badge

That’s why they can keep the rates cheap.

Honestly, this is <censored> argument if it’s coming from TM…
The info IS in their system. There IS an account # and there IS a merchant’s address on that payment I make via their web site (it’s required by the payment processor).

They still pay a fee 2 the payment processor (even tho they charge me some other <censored> fees).

Y not make it SIMPLER for customers AND CHEAPER for everybody, because my bank doesn’t charge neither myself nor the recipient for the payment transactions made from my checking acct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

for this I need to drive 4 miles to a Tmobile store every month and stand in Q for 30 min to refill and get the detailed receipt.

Do you mean I can actually get the receipt at a store?

My point was about paying from my bank (using account number from the bill) instead of putting my CC# in @ the TM site (where it can be stolen or something).

If you want detailed billing it's not available for prepaid plans.

Badge

What do u consider a ‘detailed’ billing?

I only need 2 pieces: my account#  + TM address (which they use 4 billing purposes).

I don’t need ANYTHING else. I don’t even care about amount paid.

Those r the only pieces needed by my bank 2 set up payee information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What do u consider a ‘detailed’ billing?

I only need 2 pieces: my account#  + TM address (which they use 4 billing purposes).

I don’t need ANYTHING else. I don’t even care about amount paid.

Those r the only pieces needed by my bank 2 set up payee information.

Detailed billing is a breakdown of your bill.

If you have a prepaid account your phone number is your account number and you can find the Tmobile billing address in the link below.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/pay-your-bill

Badge

If you have a prepaid account your phone number is your account number and you can find the Tmobile billing address in the link below.

According 2 the page u referenced the acct# is “T-Mobile account number, which can be located on the Account tab in the T-Mobile app, in your account online, or on your paper bill”.

I actually used that account number 2 make a payment from my bank acct.

It’s been 6 calendar days since then and I still don’t c the payment posted 2 my balance.

Can I somehow send an email w/proof of payment 2 some1? Is there an email? Because i tried 2 call them 1s and after 10 min waiting on the phone i had 2 hang up.

Badge

Just for whoever is interested.

Looks like for prepaid accounts bill payments don’t work from your bank. Period.

I tried twice (used my prepaid account #, used my phone #) and in both cases my transfer was “lost” (never got posted to my TM account).

So, the only option is 2 use TM web site and your card info (which will be compromised next time TM system is compromised).