Question

CellSpot v1 Not Powering On

• 4 May 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

I’ve been using a CellSpot (model 9961 Home Cell V1) for a couple years without issue. The other day (5/1/23) I came home from work and noticed I had no cell service. I checked the CellSpot and all lights were off except Power which was solid orange.

I checked the cables and everything was plugged in. I noticed the device was quite warm and thought maybe it overheated so I unplugged it and let it cool down. After it was cool, I plugged everything back in and only got the solid orange Power LED. I let it sit overnight, but was in the same state the next morning. Not hot, just orange Power LED.

I checked the Tmobile webpage for the CellSpot (https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/4g-lte-cellspot-setup-and-help) and it does not list the solid orange Power LED in the “Light sequences for issues” section.

I tried the Reset button on the back, but that also did nothing. I checked the ethernet connection by using the CellSpot cable plugged into my laptop and there is a solid network connection, so it’s not an internet/connection issue. It just seems to not be sending power, I guess?

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I missed? Is there a better/V2 option I can get?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!