Question

Consistent Dropped Calls at 1 to 3 minutes

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have four lines on the account and my wife’s number is the only one with this issue,

One week ago the problem started and last Friday I’ve spent a total of 6 hours with Customer Care. They were very nice and earnest.

Tried numerous call scenarios which were all through the same nearby cell site.

Calls to and from landlines and mobiles with no change

Calls with and without wifi on.

Numerous phone resets and power up/down.

Numerous Care activity including account changes.

Deleted a recently installed app.

The problem went away for a few days and seems to have started again today.

Thoughts?

Jim

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

At that point.  I would be looking at the device as the potential problem.  Have you replaced the SIM to rule that out?  How old is the device?  Was the device purchased from T-Mobile?  

Badge

Thanks! The device is a months old iPhone SE purchased from Apple. 

Yesterday was another long phone session with T”’s Care people in the Philippines. They tried to take me through the same tedious testing again but I asked them to read any notes from last week. That helped to save me some time

I told them I believed it to be a network issue rooted in either the HLR or the billing/provisioning systems. They couldn’t admit to specifics but acknowledged that engineers were engaged with the issue. It is at least occurring in SoCal if not wider spread. 

Given that the problem comes and goes …. and  I won’t have any notification or root cause analysis of the issue from T …. all I can do is call T Care when the issue resurfaces. If I hear any more from them I’ll share. 

Jim

I’m in Tennessee I’m having this exact issue I got new phone and it fixed issue for a week and then wife’s phone started doing this