Dead zone wifi calls being dropped and slow data

• 26 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm hoping with the work being done on my tower,  we will be able to receive 5G at home and not constantly having to use wifi calling.  I'm tired of customer support saying that the solution is to change the mobile network to 4G Lite while at home and use wifi calling.  I'm sorry but that solution does not work. When using Wifi Calling, my calls would drop once or more depending on the day and while I am standing still in a spot in my garage that is probably the best place to make calls. To add to the situation, we also would receive text messages a day later or our message would not send and would sit there and receive messages saying that it is in the process of sending and the next day it would still be sitting there giving me the same message.  I am hoping that they will improve the internet connection and not have it slow down at different times of the day.  I would like to suggest that when customers are purchasing phones and adding T-Mobile's service that the Technician at the store would check to see if service will be available at the customer's residence.  I was very disappointed after purchasing two new phones and moving our service to T-mobile only to find out that 5G service was unavailable where we live.  5G coverage would only be available if we drove out of our community. In addition what makes it worst is there is a cell tower that is ¼ of a mile away from our house.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not all carriers stack up on the same towers. that could be any of the carriers on that closest tower..safe to say if that was a TMO tower you wouldnt be having connection issues and having to rely on wifi to get calls.

unless line of sight is blocked by a bunch of buildings etc..then maybe