File a complaint with CPUC if you are unable to call 2-1-1 from T-Mobile Devices

• 9 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

File a complaint with CPUC if you are unable to call 2-1-1 from T-Mobile Devices

“Individuals in Alameda County, CA who are trying to call 2-1-1 from any T-Mobile/Sprint Device are unsuccessful”  ALL Calls from ALL T-Mobile/Sprint devices immediately drop!!!  2-1-1 Short Code Not Working

2-1-1 is a Community Health and Human Services Line serving many with critical needs in the community, including those who prefer not to contact 911. 

** Please help by confirming your results when calling 2-1-1 from your T-mobile devices **

I have opened multiple support tickets with T-Mobile and now filing complaints with the CPUC of California to get this access to 2-1-1 restored.

Can you call Short Code 2-1-1 from your T-Mobile device in the Bay Area?  Problem surfaced start of May

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

know anyone else without a TMO phone? have them text 211 and see if they get a response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @laldrich, 211 is a valuable service that offers help to tons of people. If that is not currently working, we want to investigate it and get it back asap. I know you said you have already filed many tickets about it. Was the quote you provided a response that you received back from those tickets? How long have you not been able to call 211? You mention Alameda County; have you tried from any other areas?

It is also helpful to know the answer to @fireguy_6364 ‘s question. 

know anyone else without a TMO phone? have them text 211 and see if they get a response.

Thanks for letting us know things are not working. The more information you can provide, the better understanding we will have of the situation. All in all that leads to a faster resolution. 

Badge

Not sure you have access, if you do please refer to Ticket # INC73846818 with NOC for current information - Resolution is pending so all assistance that can be offered to resolve and restore ability to use short code 2-1-1 on the T-Mobile network very much needed.  Thank You  Yes we have reached out to our partner 2-1-1 agencies in nearby counties and they are not reporting similar issues. I of course have no way of knowing exactly what areas of Alameda County are impacted we only know large areas of the communities we serve using T-Mobile devices are no longer able to call 2-1-1 from their devices.  These incidents have been reported starting May 1st when i opened the 1st ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for providing the ticket number. I was able to review it and the good news is that the traffic engineering team is on the case. There has been a lot of activity and attention on the ticket, so I am confident that it is in the right hands and heading toward a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Thanks again for letting us know that this is not working, so we could jump on it. 

Hope you have a wonderful day. 

Badge

Thanks all for pushing this forward

The ‘other’ carrier rejecting T-Mobile calls to 2-1-1 was identified

Problem resolved