Question

garbage

• 23 February 2023
  • 22 replies

Badge

Yall service is hot garbage... how do u keep charging me for a service i cant use half the time...  im done. New service for this family

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Too bar, showing 5g UC while running

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Speed Check doesn't have ads. Also mine is from a finished check not a screen shot during the test. Check the finished test to see how it shows.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This better?  There are so many factors like I said earlier.  This is peak time where I live.  In some parts I rarely trave it’ll drop down to a few hundred, but overall service is good.

Go with what works in your area.  Cheaper doesn’t always mean better.  Carriers can’t just snap their fingers and boom a new tower, or more bandwidth.  There is so many variables down to the neighborhood board blocking towers from being built.  

See how you hid the information on top, that's how I know that your post is wrong!

It's all about location.

It's all about location.

Thats a lie! Why doesn't it show the info on top! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is true in many different ways.  I have a Samsung S21, iPhone 12/13 and Moto edge 2022 5G.

In some places where T-Mobile claims 5G + 4G LTE , where it is ‘weak’ according to T-Mobile, I get ‘No Service’ on S21 and iPhone 12/13 but get service of -126dBm to -140dBm on Motorola edge 2022.

S21 / iPhone 12/13 will attempt quickly to roam on AT&T/Verizon with ‘Emergency SoS’ only.

Badge

Your signal strength is also impacted by your mobile phone.  I have the latest iPhone 14 Pro and where T-Mobile has coverage it works very well, but there are dead spots where it doesn’t matter which phone you have.  Many people have older phones, more than two years old, and many of these phones do not support all of the newer bands that T-Mobile implemented after the merger with Sprint.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Well then I guess they shouldn't legally be able to sell there service in FL! My parents are old now, I just hope 1 day they don't have a medical emergency, and can't even call to get help! Phone service is hit and miss at best also!

911 on a landline works regardless if you have service or not.  E-911 also connects a call on the strongest signal in the area even if it isn’t T-Mobile, and that is the service you have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well then I guess they shouldn't legally be able to sell there service in FL! My parents are old now, I just hope 1 day they don't have a medical emergency, and can't even call to get help! Phone service is hit and miss at best also!

Sounds like you need to try out AT&T or Verizon in your area.  Every carrier over hypes their coverage.  When traveling through central FL from St. Augustine through Palatka and Salt Springs to Ocala (eventually Tampa), service had large gaps of  ‘No Service’ (roaming on VZ).  Maps pretty much show this.  Similar with Alligator Alley.  

This is a community forum.  I’d recommend that you speak to CS through 611, T-Mobile app, Twitter or Facebook for any resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Well I live here! And I'm not gonna call 911 to see if it works! There alot of times it won't even dial out, so I doubt it'll make the call during those times!

911 calls are treated differently.  It will connect to any network, including emergency networks to complete the call.

Well I live here! And I'm not gonna call 911 to see if it works! There alot of times it won't even dial out, so I doubt it'll make the call during those times!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Read any carriers terms and conditions and you will see they don't guarantee service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Calling 911 is completely different.  Even with no SIM in the device, a call to 911 will go through.  Service in and around Orlando to Melbourne and over to St. Petersburg was amazing the last time I was down there.  I have friends in the Miami area that have no issues with their T-Mobile service.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

My house is around 2Gbits but where I work is around 300Mbits.  It boils down to congestion, tower speed, and a slew of other factors.  Always go with what carrier delivers what you need in your area.  I know some carriers can be more expensive than others, but at least you get the service you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.  I have no complaints with my service in coastal Virginia and I frequently travel to Philly, Charlotte, Altlanta, Huntsville, and up to Canada regularly.  When out in rural southern West Virginia where there are tons of places that have no service with any carrier.  Where there is T-Mobile service,t he se3rvice is surprisingly decent.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well I've been ALL over central FL, and the same problem! My parents have tmobile, same thing, and they have the home internet.. All the same!

Central FL was not good IMHO (see my review on FL).  From Ocala NF to Alligator Alley, service in the interior isn’t ‘currently’ as good as others (I only had AT&T for comparison).  Other locations were good, especially urban.  Ocala itself was fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Like I said it's about location. Sounds like service is not good in Florida but I'm in Arizona and it can be spotty at times because of the mountains but I get decent speeds.

I use to live in flatland Illinois and service was good if not great. Drove from Illinois to Arizona when I moved and streamed music and the only issue I had was in the boonies of west Texas.

Well I've been ALL over central FL, and the same problem! My parents have tmobile, same thing, and they have the home internet.. All the same!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's all about location.

How is it legal for tmobile to tell there customers, we are selling you 5G, when tmobile ISNT A 5G service! Maybe if they stop paying celebrities all these millions of dollars to con people into buying there fake 5G service, and invest it into there network! Probably cause it'll cost them Alot more to actually get Real 5G service! Garbage is a understatement! More like they're straight thieves! I don't know how it's even legal for them to sell a fake service!!