Question

MOVING GREAT NO SERVICE!!!

• 4 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am a current TMobile customer, matter of fact just added a line for my daughter as well…. I live in the suburbs of atlanta and have ok 5g service…. but Im moving sometime in the middle of this month to Union Point Georgia...one of my daughters already lives there and it's actually her house Im moving to when she leaves for Seattle.  problem is is when i visit there my service is minimal at best outside the home, go inside and hang it up it's a done deal you'll have absolutely NO service!! i know if i were to obtain a signal booster i could get service inside the house but how do i go about doing that? i've found a few of sprints signal boosters (Sprint AirUnity 587 Magic Box (B41HL) LTE Signal Booster) on a shopping site i use for next to nothing, could i use that here at t-mobile? and if not what should i be looking for to get to use as my signal booster? thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

To obtain a CellSpot or signal booster, you need to contact Customer Care.  The low signal though, might just be the device you are using though.  iPhone's have some of the worst cellular radios and Samsung's aren't much better either.  

Badge

i would get a signal booster but t-mobile has discontinued them!! idk what else to do other than switch carriers!! bc it's not the device!! we have 6 different phones and all of them are the same!!! the t-mobile coverage map states where im moving to they don't have service but through a partner so i really just need to figure out ow i get a booster or switch service but thank you anyway!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theres always wifi calling

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I still have one.  Are you asking for the right thing?  They are called, CellSpots.  There are two types, so make sure they give you the right one.  One amplifies the current cellular signal you have to amplify it indoors.  The other is used where there is no cellular signal for T-Mobile and uses your internet to provide a band 4 signal through your internet connection.  

Badge

will that work to receive calls and messages? i have an iphone 12 my daughter an 11...

Badge

I still have one.  Are you asking for the right thing?  They are called, CellSpots.  There are two types, so make sure they give you the right one.  One amplifies the current cellular signal you have to amplify it indoors.  The other is used where there is no cellular signal for T-Mobile and uses your internet to provide a band 4 signal through your internet connection.  

yes i went to signal booster and they said they had discontinued the boosters so if there is a way to ask specifically please let me know....

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

will that work to receive calls and messages? i have an iphone 12 my daughter an 11...

it should help you with both voice as well as messages..odds are both of you are using imessage anyways which should only need a data connection to send/receive.