Solved

newly ported numbers dont receive text messages

• 21 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello all, 

We recently transfered out service from ATT to T Mobile and got our numbers ported over last week. We have noticed that we are not receiving text messages from numbers outside of T-Mobiles network. I have spent 3 hours on the phone with support with no solution. Is this something I should be contacting ATT about? I don't know how to get this resolved. I have ran ever troubleshooting suggestion, restet out sims, reset the networks, reset the phones. Really out of ideas here. Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 22 May 2023, 23:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you bring your devices from AT&T or get new ones from T-Mobile?  What texting app are you using?  Have you checked the APN Settings for texts and data within the texting app and in your device settings? 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings#:~:text=In%20Settings%2C%20look%20under%20Wireless%20%26%20Networks%20or,update%20the%20following%20settings%20for%20the%20Data%20APN.

Badge

We got new devices ( both pixel 7 phones). We are using the standard messaging app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

at times when transferring your number from one carrier to another there can be...delays..usually from the other carrier because youre no longer the priority. i have heard of it taking up to a couple weeks to fully transfer the number over..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We got new devices ( both pixel 7 phones). We are using the standard messaging app.

Is RCS enabled in the Messaging app?  If so.  Try disabling RCS to see if that resolves the texting issue.

Badge

Syaoran this is 100% the issue. I resolved it on one phone  by erasing the esim and having T-Mobile issue a new one to that phone. The second phone I requested a new esim but the request wasn't understood by the support rep I was working with and they spent 2 hours troubleshooting why the phone can't make calls but that was never the issue. I ran out of time trying to deal with it. So that is the resolution, as of right now I have RCS disabled but will get a new esim to completely resolve the issue soon.