Question

No Coverage in Inspirada Community in Henderson, NV?

• 15 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

My partner and I made the switch to T-Mobile from ATT with high hopes that the change would be worthwhile…..So far, it’s been less than satisfactory with one main concern of ours. It was advertised on the coverage map that we’d have both LTE and 5G in our area with no problems whatsoever, Not only do we receive one, maybe two bars at best in our own home, calls will randomly drop out anywhere while I’m out and about. 

It’s honestly infuriating considering we are living in one of the largest cities in the nation and can’t seem to have a decent phone call without the call dropping…. 

Can T-MobIile PLEASE fix this issue?? I'm sure we’re not the only ones experiencing this issue….

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Tmobile in many areas is lacking in coverage, especially outside of urban areas.   you could be waiting a long time if you waited

I found out recently that the huge cell tower on the corner of Raider’s Way and Volunteer is an AT&T tower. I am going to switch to AT&T since T-Mobile seems entirely uninterested in investing in cell towers near our community. I’ve been told part of this is the fault of the various HOAs, but if AT&T can put up a tower near the community I see no reason why T-Mobile can’t. 

I have lived here in Inspirada for 12 years, it has been like this the entire time. I tried calling about it multiple times over the years, and no one at the customer service line knows anything nor can they help. I tried calling again today to see if I could talk to anyone about what T-mobile’s plans are for our area. Customer support could offer no help. A few years ago T-mobile did send us a cell phone booster device, which just piggy-backs off our Wi-Fi, but my coverage is terrible outside of the house when I go to run errands. At a nearby gas station I see a huge cell tower. My neighbors who don’t use T-mobile seem to have no problem at all. So, obviously the other carriers care about covering our area. I have made the decision to change carriers. I suggest everyone else do the same. T-Mobile does not care about our area. And it is apparent to me that T-mobile is not going to do anything about it.. I’ve been with T-mobile for a long time, and I like the company, but if T-mobile is incapable of providing the service I expect at the quality I require, I’m just going to have to find another carrier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Looking at cellmapper.net, and T-Mobile’s coverage map, that area is LTE only and midband (weaker) at that, with one site which I suspect is that flagpole in the Albertsons shopping complex off of Bicentennial Way.

If its ‘indoors’ (1 or 2 bars as you state), ask T-Mobile to send you a ‘cell spot’ - ‘if’ you have home internet, and it will act as a cell repeater… but using your home internet , which isn’t ideal.

Badge

I bought mine from Apple direct and my partner bought his from T-Mobile. Same issue for us both. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

new devices or did you bring them over with you from ATT?