Question

Poor coverage in Apollo Beach, FL

• 19 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Why is coverage so poor in Apollo Beach, FL?  Specifically, the area around Route 41 and Starbucks (Apollo Beach Blvd.) has weak coverage.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looks like the coverage in Florida is pretty bad.

https://community.t-mobile.com/coverage-signal-32/garbage-49284

Badge

Actually, it depends on where you are. At home, in Riverview and in Tampa it’s better than Verizon. Apollo Beach is a dead spot for T-Mobile and other carriers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Tampa itself wasn’t bad.  Apollo Beach appears to be a lone  area west of US-41 that carriers don’t want to deploy.  Closest sites are either Miller Mac Road or US-41 itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

probably doesnt help that all carriers must wash rinse repeat every couple years down there with having to replace out equipment due to major storms lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Historically, the area between Tampa and Ft.  Myers has been full of coverage issues. I thought they had been mostly resolved but apparently not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Doesn’t look too bad at US-41 / Apollo Beach blvd (worse at the beach ?)

From Clearwater Beach to Naples, service on I-75 was ‘OK’ - nothing special.  Few areas are still LTE only

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I took a look at Apollo Beach and I see three T-Mobile towers in that area. I’ve never been there personally, so I am not sure what the area really looks like. I will say that water can mess with signal even if the tower is right on the beach. With that said, I would recommend you reach out to our care teams (Direct message us on Facebook or Twitter) to talk about your experience in the area. They can get some specifics from you and then file a ticket for our engineering team to take a look at the technology in the area. 

Venice and Manasota area very poor coverage. 1 bar no 5G as the map says