Question

SIM card cannot connect to Hong Kong Network operators while roaming

• 23 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello all,

I am with the T-Mobile One Plus plan, and I am using a OnePlus 6T phone(unlocked) bought from T-Mobile. I am currently travelling in Hong Kong and my phone has been able to roam with 4G LTE data and recieving text messages from US. In the last couple of days, my phone hasn’t be able to register to any of the following local network providers:

1. CSL
  2. 3
  3. China Mobile HK
  4. SmarTone HK

The phone is currently in the emergency only state, and I ensure I am not in airplane mode.

I have attempted the following to troubleshoot:

1. Turned phone on & off), and same issue persist.
  2. Put my T-Mobile SIM card to another phone (Samsung A32), and same issue persist.
  3. Put a local 3 mobile sim card to my OnePlus 6T(unlocked), and was able to called to local 3 mobile 4G network.
  4. Booted OnePlus 6T(unlocked) into safe mode, and same issue persist.
  5. Turned off Automatically choose preferred network, and I tried to connect OnePlus 6T(unlocked) manually to each available local network provider, and I got error “Cannot connect to this network provider now, please try later”.

Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try powering off the device for more than 5 minutes.  This should allow it to drop off of the network and refresh.  If that doesn’t help, give Customer Care a call using WiFi Calling if it doesn’t go through normally or reach out to them via Facebook or Twitter to see if they can figure out what the issue is.  There is a possibility that your device might not be compatible with the roaming partners network.