Question

T-mobile Home Internet and Cellphone Interference

• 29 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I recently switched over to T-Mobile home internet. I so far have had great coverage. My only issue is I have connected it to my iPhone 14 but as soon as I disconnect from it it disrupts my regular cellphone connection. I see a “E” appear next to the bars or no bars at all. During this time I am unable to send messages or receive messages and nothing with a picture will send. Only way to resolve this is to restart my phone. Is there any solutions to this? Or has anyone experienced the same?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I typically have the opposite.  Typical performance on home internet is ~75-100Mbps, (can hit 250Mbps at night).  Using just cellular, its 150-200Mbps, up to 220Mbps at night.

It should get better one of these years when they upgrade my area to 5G.

I have been having the terrible “E” render my Xs Max essentially useless now for almost a month. If I’m on our Wi-Fi, great. But if I am away from a standard wireless internet connection/the house (even if it’s only as far as the garage, which is a problem as I am a woodworker), it’s anyone’s guess whether I will have any sort of LTE/4G/whatever connection at all. I’ve gone through literally HOURS of troubleshooting with T-Mobile tech support of all levels, Apple support (both in person and phone), and it’s 100% not a hardware problem. Because it is wildly intermittent, they consider the issue resolved once it reconnects, even though it could only be for as long as it takes for them to hang up. I find it highly suspect that this issue began the exact day that we switched to T-Mobile Home Internet. 

Badge

Get a 4G LTE Personal CellSpot. It’s like your own mini cell tower. I’ve had one for years. Works great...

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/4g-lte-cellspot#cellspot

Get a 4G LTE Personal CellSpot. It’s like your own mini cell tower. I’ve had one for years. Works great...

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/4g-lte-cellspot#cellspot

Do you use that with Home Internet? I heard the two together have issues.  I use the CellSpot with an Apple Airport Extreme router and Spectrum internet and have no issues with either Internet or cell phone usage.  I thought about getting Home Internet but then I wanted to make sure Home Internet could connect to 4G rather than 5G which is very sketchy.  Don’t think you can set Home Internet to do that.  And if you connect CellSpot to Home Internet router, I’ve read things don’t work correctly.  Your experience?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I phones only?  I don't have this issue on S21 + momto edge 2022.  I haven't connected other phones to the router yet.