Texts not received from Verizon friends and family

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

We have been with T-Mobile for a little over a year. All was well until about a month ago when my wife realized that texts from her sister were not coming through.  Then there were other people that called wondering why she had not replied to their texts.  And then more.  All Verizon customers.

Group text messages would make it through, but individual messages to her would not.  Of note, my wife's phone number is the only phone number that was a new addition when we moved to T-Mobile. All other lines were ported over and are apparently having no problems...knock wood.

I called into tech support about ten days ago and spent hours clearing caches and resetting things on her phone. They escalated it to their engineering department and promised me a call back over and over until there was no response whatsoever.  A week later, I called in to follow up and went through the same process. All the same clearing and resetting. And again issued a ticket to engineering for review.  That was two days ago and no response today.  This afternoon, I called into my local support team and the rep connected me with an engineer.  This engineer issued two tickets for review and research.  He promised to follow up with me as soon as he heard back on those tickets.  Not an hour later, he called me.  He told me that the texts from my wife's sister were not showing up in their servers.  He suggested that the problem was on the Verizon end of things. He suggested my sister-in-law call Verizon to find out why her emails were not finding their way to T-Mobile.  Wow!  I can't even imagine asking my sister-in-law to sit on hold and speak with tech support on this issue.  It will make for a tough Thanksgiving and holiday meals.  LOL.

When I suggested to my wife that her sister call in to Verizon tech support, it was clear that was not going to happen.  That's a story for a whole another day.  

I know that others have had this issue. Has there been any definitive course of action that remedied this type of situation?  ... Besides moving back to Verizon...  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are they iPhones you're having issues with?