Question

this needs to be addressed T-Mobile.

• 6 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I have been a loyal T-Mobile customer since I turned 18  years old. Im now 36, you do the math. A loyal customer… through the crappy coverage, the OVER TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH PHONE BILL, for 18 years now, my plan coverage is grandfathered in where I get UNLIMITED EVERYTHING. UNLIMITED DATA,TEXT, MINUTES, ETC. EVERYTHING. And 20 GB OF DATA TO ROLL OVER EVERY MONTH. So… why did I just receive a text saying if I used more than 50GB   Of data i would be dropped down to a slower speed when my plan says UNLIMITED EVERYTHING. That’s some straight garbage, ESPECIALLY SINCE I PAY YOU  over 200 dollars a month just for our bill, this doesn’t include the thousands of dollars I have given you for telephones. Im furious. Also, where’s the ya know help via chat. It’s almost 2023 T-Mobile. Get it together. 

3 replies

Last eve I received message that my data will be slowed after 50 GB since I have already used 48 GB. Now when I check, my device shows my usage is 37 GB.  First, unlimited everything plan with a promise from sales that my data will NOT slow.  So yes similar complaint except that I am a new, very extremely disappointed in TMobile customer

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You have unlimited data but 50gb’s of high speed data.

It doesn't mean you're actually going to get throttled, that depends on the tower you're connected to has an overload of users.

There is actually no other carrier outside of T-Mobile that has a specific rate plan that does not throttle. Every company has unlimited data but every single company also throttles you. When T-Mobile came out with Magenta Max (starts at $85 for 1 line and autopay) they became the first company that offered a truly unlimited data plan with no throttling. That plan actually became grandfathered today along with Magenta but will still be available online only for new customers who do their activation themselves. The new plan that will replace Magenta Max starting today 04/23/23 is called Go5g Plus which is $90 for 1 line with autopay. 
The fact is you pay for what you get. 
If you’re concerned about slower speed then you need to be willing to pay for premium service features or connect to Wi-Fi more often.