Question

tmobile is hot garbage!!!

Badge

I don’t care what T-Mobile says they are so terrible the service sucks when I have 4 bars I’m still getting barely and data speeds and I’m dropping calls DO NOT SWITCH!!! I’m switching back to AT&T in 3 weeks anyways but get att or Verizon not t mobile it’s so bad everywhere they just suck overall

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are a lot of factors that could be causing that, like your device for starters.  Did you purchase your device from T-Mobile?  What device are you using?  If you are in a big city, like Los Angelas, then network performance might be less than spectacular.  

We have just canceled our Gateway Internet through T-Mobile. How a company could have sunk so low in support and service is beyond me. A couple of months have passed with inconsistent to no internet connection. The so-called support is out of the country and reading from a support manual. That’s if you are lucky enough to understand what they are saying. We gave T Mobile many chances to keep us as clients. But now, we have learned to steer clear of this embarrassing conglomerate. Anyone considering using T-Mobile internet, you’ve been warned. The company needs much more R&D on both its support service and its devices.

The phone call quality is terrible! It wasn’t always this way but something changed.

I have been with T-Mobile for  over a decade, I am please with their service, from Cellular to home wifi, I find it to be reliable. 

I hope that’s the same for everyone!

There are several factors that determine the quality of your service but the main things: what rate plan you are on, what phone you have, what area you live in. 
For example, if you live an area with excellent coverage, have a iPhone 14 or S23, and are on Go5g Plus or the now grandfathered Magenta Max then you are going to have the best possible premium data experience possible because these two plans are the only plans ever offered by any carrier that is truly unlimited without throttling. 
If you live in the same area, with the same high tier phones but have Essentials then your service experience will be significantly lesser quality than compared to Go5g Plus or Magenta Max because this rate plan throttles (slows down) at 50gb of data used. Unfortunately every single carrier’s unlimited service throttles with the exception of the two T-Mobile plans mentioned. 

If you live in an area with excellent coverage and have the best current plan but you are using a Samsung Galaxy S10 or lower or iPhone 11 or lower (these issues aren’t limited to just Samsung or Apple it is applicable to any older device) then the network issues you are experiencing are likely to be caused by the phone you are using. 

Plain and simple is you really do get what you pay for. 

Idgaf what T-Mobile says they are so terrible the service sucks when I have 4 bars I’m still getting barely and data speeds and I’m dropping calls DO NOT SWITCH!!! I’m switching back to AT&T in 3 weeks anyways but get att or Verizon not tcrap mobile it’s so bad everywhere they just suck overall

Tmobile  are liars, they baited me into switching from verzion after 20 years, they made empty promises, they hung up on me after poor surveys, I had multiple employees promises to call back and resolve issues, they told me my pixel 6 was incompatible with there network, they promised me upgrades and never delivered I'm 5 months in and in cell phone hell .can someone help me get out ? 

Tmobile are liars and scam artists pay more stay with verzion at least there honest 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Idgaf what T-Mobile says they are so terrible the service sucks when I have 4 bars I’m still getting barely and data speeds and I’m dropping calls DO NOT SWITCH!!! I’m switching back to AT&T in 3 weeks anyways but get att or Verizon not tcrap mobile it’s so bad everywhere they just suck overall

Tmobile  are liars, they baited me into switching from verzion after 20 years, they made empty promises, they hung up on me after poor surveys, I had multiple employees promises to call back and resolve issues, they told me my pixel 6 was incompatible with there network, they promised me upgrades and never delivered I'm 5 months in and in cell phone hell .can someone help me get out ? 

contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support. they should be able to figure out what is going on and give you some options.

VERIZON isn't any better. I was with them for 32+ years and I got nothing but LIES, Promises that NEVER happened, MONEY stolen from my account, and customer service is HORRIBLE!! I'm not saying that T-Mobile is any better cuz I honestly think that any carrier out there isn't any better than the next. There are times where I get the best service ever, then there are days where the service isn't very good. In short, just be thankful that you can use your cell phone. Some people don't even have that. 

TMobile sux and I'm trying to leave 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have been with T-Mobile for  over a decade, I am please with their service, from Cellular to home wifi, I find it to be reliable. 

I hope that’s the same for everyone!

Location, location,  location

I love how T-Mobile always deflects the problem back on the client. Weak phone, poor coverage area etc…  And just for the record my Gateway is 40 feet from my microwave. 

Been hold for a half hour. Im done with T-Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I love how T-Mobile always deflects the problem back on the client. Weak phone, poor coverage area etc…  And just for the record my Gateway is 40 feet from my microwave. 

Having your phone near or far from a microwave won't do anything.  My gateway is 15’ from my microwave.   How close is it tonthe tower,  and what kind of metrics are you getting from 4g LTE and 5g?