Question

Upload speeds on phones

• 10 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I guess I got spoiled with the 25 - 50Mbps upload speeds I was getting on my phone with  Verizon  because in the 2 weeks I've had T-Mobile I seldom get over 1Mbps at my home. A search revealed others with this problem so I'm wondering if anyone has ever had slow uploads resolved by calling the support number. I guess I should have asked my neighbor before I switched since he told me he's had to drive around town to upload a file if his power is out. I have a great signal and good downloads but I've seen uploads in the 1.0Mbps range and never over 2. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good upload speeds are anything over 10mbps.

My average upload speeds at work is 15 to 20.

At home I rarely use my Tmobile connection since I have about 5 giant apartment complexes that limits speeds. It's all location.

Badge

Good upload speeds are anything over 10mbps.

My average upload speeds at work is 15 to 20.

At home I rarely use my Tmobile connection since I have about 5 giant apartment complexes that limits speeds. It's all location.

I would take anything over 5Mbps right now. I lose power now and then and having uploads are critical so I'll probably be going back to Verizon, the . 2Mbps uploads won't cut it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Depending on what connection I have, its typically 10Mbps at the min, and upwards to ~50Mbps.

Oddly enough, indoors (T-Mobile home internet) gives me 250/70 on n71 + LTE B2, while it would be ~350/20 with n41 + B2.

If your signal is weak, especially on a 5G n41 band, you’ll suffer on upload.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I get 30Mbps up where I am fairly consistently.  Around Hampton and the surrounding area, speeds up to 100Mbps up are out there.  Gloucester Point is a perfect example.